Author Topic: This is a really sad post on Craigslist....  (Read 1582 times)

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
This is a really sad post on Craigslist....
« on: December 17, 2009 - 11:34:41 PM »
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/1511718852.html

Edit: I forgot to out "sad" in the title, I just fixed it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 - 12:35:08 AM by lemming303 »
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: This is a really post on Craigslist....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009 - 11:38:31 PM »
I would love to have the dis breaks   :smilielol:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: This is a really sad post on Craigslist....
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009 - 12:37:59 AM »
Too many Dukes of Hazzard reruns
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009 - 01:24:12 AM »
 :villagers: :sly: :nono: :crying: :angelwings: :swear: :stomp: :pullinghair: :banghead: :faint:
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline sloop

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009 - 04:40:35 AM »
this one is just a few miles from where i live... not quite as bad

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1472455441.html

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009 - 07:39:43 AM »
I know a few people at the track that would jump all over that if it was closer!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009 - 09:23:10 AM »
I like how the ad says it needs a push rod set.  Sure looks like it need a LOT more than that to me  :roflsmiley:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009 - 11:14:38 AM »
 :dunno: Well, it is one of the more "underserable" models, the 73-74 years. Isn't that what we usually hear whenever one is up for sale? Actually it makes little difference whether it is used for circle track or straight linein, fact is it is one more that won't be back on the road in any stage of restoration. So somebody is at least getting some fun out of the poor thing. Honestly some cars found are nothing more than rust held together with less rust. So unless ya got more money than brains why not remove the shell that may be left, weld up a tube frame, reinstall body, add some Mopar power and have fun. It is now at least more valuable than before, right? Sadly the cars made for drag racing may possible have as much if not more money invested than a full blown street grade restoration. They look every bit as good and have the same amount of time in paint and body work as any resto. And of course the suspension, engine etc. on a drag car surpasses any stock built street car going down the road today.  What  :villagers: me is seeing or hearing of what was an R/T or better car in decent shape actually trashed in making a race car. There are too many "undersireable" models around, to damage beyond repair the low production number cars is just wrong.  :2cents:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline matt63

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009 - 11:52:34 AM »
I love the threats in car ads  :puke: ...."if it doesn't sell soon I'm parting it out", "it it doesn't sell soon I'm putting in storage/taking it off the market/increasing the price/just going to keep it", etc. etc.  I wonder if that tactic works?
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009 - 05:32:51 PM »
:dunno: Well, it is one of the more "underserable" models, the 73-74 years. Isn't that what we usually hear whenever one is up for sale? Actually it makes little difference whether it is used for circle track or straight linein, fact is it is one more that won't be back on the road in any stage of restoration. So somebody is at least getting some fun out of the poor thing. Honestly some cars found are nothing more than rust held together with less rust. So unless ya got more money than brains why not remove the shell that may be left, weld up a tube frame, reinstall body, add some Mopar power and have fun. It is now at least more valuable than before, right? Sadly the cars made for drag racing may possible have as much if not more money invested than a full blown street grade restoration. They look every bit as good and have the same amount of time in paint and body work as any resto. And of course the suspension, engine etc. on a drag car surpasses any stock built street car going down the road today.  What  :villagers: me is seeing or hearing of what was an R/T or better car in decent shape actually trashed in making a race car. There are too many "undersireable" models around, to damage beyond repair the low production number cars is just wrong.  :2cents:
:iagree: with most of whitesatin says at least it has been used and someones had alot of fun with it. There is a local guy i know who owns a 70 T/A Challenger he drag raced for many years at the local track. He pulled the oringial engine and set it back along with transmission and never cut the car or anything and just had fun with it and won alot of races. Up until maybe 10 years ago he retired the car from racing and completely restored it  :2thumbs:     
Dennis,Ohio

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009 - 10:51:01 PM »
I never thought about the car being too far gone, I just pictured a car good enough to be restored that someone chopped up and ran into a bunch of other cars with.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009 - 10:08:27 AM »
Hmm. I'd actually not mind picking up something like that and regenerate it as another race car. Most the body panels are available Slap some big spring rates under it and race American iron in NASA. Then it would look decent and still be a race car.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009 - 10:37:24 AM »
Hmm. I'd actually not mind picking up something like that and regenerate it as another race car. Most the body panels are available Slap some big spring rates under it and race American iron in NASA. Then it would look decent and still be a race car.
:iagree:
 There is supposed to be a Cuda comming next year at the speedway, street stock class! I can't wait to see if it comes! I'm the Tech inspecter there so he asked what he could do with it to compeate with the GM chassis. I replied just plan on racing it this year, I'll work with ya,heck I'll even come help you build it,JUST BRING IT!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline acudanut

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009 - 10:41:26 AM »
 I love the part that says 500 HP. HOW about zero with no pushrods.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009 - 01:02:18 PM »
Depending on the banking, he may or may not be able to compete with the GM stuff. The last year I ran an oval track we were pushing into 1000# spring rates up front in the GM and Fords, which would be around 500# in a mopar. Most you can find for the t-bar is 400#. Of course, I was running on a track with 30* plus banking, so we had more down force than body roll.