Author Topic: Pistol grips  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Scat Pack Fever

• Mopars Rule!!!!!!!! Always Have, Always Will
  • Chrysler did it best!
Pistol grips
« on: January 13, 2010 - 06:12:57 PM »
Hello All,

Could someone please shed a little light on the pistol grips for e body's? I have seen pistol grips with 1 and 2 holes on the bottom. Also, what shifting mechanism works for an e body 4 speed? Are the rods different for different years? I am in the market for a pistol grip and shifting mechanism (not sure what the proper name is) for an ebody 4 speed, but am a little confused.

Offline challenger_73

Re: Pistol grips
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010 - 07:04:04 PM »
Hey Scat Pack Fever!
First off Try this Link(http://www.gunslingershifters.com/). I live in Florida and this guy (Jason) Comes to many of the Mopar shows down here. I really like his pistol shifters. When you feel one for the first time you will be pretty impressed. They are not junk. Pretty solid and heavy. Second thing is I saw you were looking for a 4speed transmission. Which one did you decide on the 75-87 A-833od or the Pre 75 A-833? I'm just wondering. Trying to find out if there are any downfalls to the A-833od post 75.  From my understanding the Hurst shift mechanism is correct. Th shifter that is correct is the one with the two holes at the bottom. If I am wrong someone correct me. I've Just been doing a lot of reading on this site and I think that is what I read.

Challenger_73

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010 - 08:24:44 PM »
I have a Gunslinger shifter on my auto but I bought my 4 speed shifter from Brewers.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/

They have most of what you would need and their prices are reasonable.   :2thumbs:
Dave

Offline swede-cuda

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010 - 04:04:01 PM »
 :wave: i think the shifter with one hole in bottom is for oem -70 and the 2 holes came later and i think the repros/newer hurst uses the 2 hole shifter to.i think the best is to buy a complete set with everything you need/all parts matching.passon-brewers-ebag-c-c for sale ad.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010 - 04:04:43 PM »
there are 2 types of pistol grip , the 2 hole is a bolt in type which was used in some factory cars , most E bodys I havee use the snap in style with 1 hole & they just push in to lock into place , if you order a new shifter mechanism it will come with the 2 bolt mount , I have also drilled through the snap in stick & bolted in the 2 bolt stick in that mechanism as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010 - 08:16:04 PM »
Be aware that the shifter itself is NOT the same as the A/B body units, but looks similar. The center fork/lever is different.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Scat Pack Fever

• Mopars Rule!!!!!!!! Always Have, Always Will
  • Chrysler did it best!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010 - 03:51:34 PM »
Cool! Thanks