Author Topic: '71 Cuda turn signal housings the same as Challenger or '70 Charger?  (Read 847 times)

Offline PlumCrazy73Cuda

Does anyone know whether or not the '71 Cuda front turn signal housings are the same as Challenger ones or '70 Charger ones?
I am putting road lamps on my 73 Cuda so I won't be using the factory 72-74 turn signals. I have a '70 Charger front valance and turn signal housings and I was going to graft the turn signal humps into a standard cuda front valance.
Now I see they have repo '71 Cuda front valances so I'm curious as to whether or not the '70 Charger turn signals I have will mount to the '71 Cuda valance.
I have fiberglass bumpers I am going to paint body color so the other option I have is to cut slots in the bumper and mount turn signals in the bumper itself.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Greg

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
Re: '71 Cuda turn signal housings the same as Challenger or '70 Charger?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010 - 11:13:46 PM »
The 71 cuda front parking lights are unique to the 71 cuda.  The other marker lights you have will not fit the 71 cuda valance.

If you do the graft from the charger valance to the 70, 72-74 valance, I would like to see it when it is done.

Offline PlumCrazy73Cuda

Re: '71 Cuda turn signal housings the same as Challenger or '70 Charger?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010 - 07:19:13 AM »
Thanks for the response. I knew the lenses were definitely different but wasn't sure about the housings themselves.
I will post pictures if I go ahead with grafting with the 70 Charger valance.