Author Topic: Is this the correct clutch brake pedal support bracket?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline femtnmax

Is this the correct clutch brake pedal support bracket?
« on: January 24, 2010 - 09:27:24 PM »
for 74 chally, did several searches...   The big question is the assy I have has two studs at top, and they interfere with power brake booster which has 4 studs of its own.   Do I have the wrong pedal assy?   I was told they were off 70 cuda.
The clutch brake pedal assy has straight not twisted brake pedal arm, and small trapezoid pedals so is that 1970?
Phil

Offline Changin Gears

Re: Is this the correct clutch brake pedal support bracket?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010 - 10:00:27 PM »
You don't even need to use the 2 brackets with the studs, they are the same as an automatic car.  You only need to bolt the smaller backet to your current brackets then add the pedals.

The goal never changes - Stop the 60' timer with your back tires

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010 - 10:01:10 PM »
Mine does not have the studs at the top, but the pedal shape is the same and they are straight not twisted. My pedals came out of a '70 440 'Cuda. For some reason the guy wanted to make it an auto. :screwy:
Can you remove the stud?
You don't even need to use the 2 brackets with the studs, they are the same as an automatic car.  You only need to bolt the smaller backet to your current brackets then add the pedals.
:iagree: If your original ones are ok - use'em
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010 - 10:03:02 PM by dodj »
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010 - 10:16:14 PM »
I'm still searching the corners for the orginal auto pedal assy.  Would have been stupid if I tossed it.
Phil

Offline femtnmax

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010 - 07:20:52 PM »
Found my original 74 bracket.  It was rusty cosmoline, so cleaned it up and painted it.  The studs on the 70 version did not want to come out easily, so left them alone.  So swapped the parts over to the 74.  Had to enlarge the hole for overcenter spring pin, otherwise everything went together smoothly.
Looks like the 70 pedal bracket is for manual brakes, the studs with nuts show up just above brake master cylinder on members restorations pics.
I'll put it up for sale, maybe someone needs one or are they real common???
Phil