Author Topic: Power steering box question  (Read 534 times)

Offline shadango

• Resident
Power steering box question
« on: January 30, 2010 - 08:52:36 AM »
I got my steering box (stage 3) back from Firm Feel a couple days ago and painted it last night.....

In another thread we were discussing the centering of the gear, etc so I broke out the service manual.

Its shows this:

However, my steering box seems to have a different valve than shown there....only has two ports/o-rings.  More importantly, when my box was returned, it was returned with the valve removed and in a baggie.  No lever or spring was present.  The instruction sheet FF includes shows the valve I have and no mention of a lever or spring.

Is the manual wrong?   :clueless:  I am assuming so.....but want to be sure before I put this back in and mess something up.

Thanks folks.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Power steering box question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010 - 11:09:37 AM »
Shows a spring.

Save this and zoom in on the outlet
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Power steering box question
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010 - 11:49:40 AM »
Just to clarify, the top pictures are related to the Steering Valve and the lower picture, from your instructions, is of the Control Valve which mounts to the Steering Valve.
 Together in the last diagram TC posted they are referred to as the Valve Assembly...
 So is your Steering Valve not installed?
I could see why they might leave the Control Valve off as it could easily break in shipping.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!