Author Topic: Why is it?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
Why is it?
« on: January 30, 2010 - 10:24:49 AM »
Why is it that it now seems that some can say what they want and are not warned.  I hope that it gets better soon.  I believe a lot of people would like the site even better if the mods took back control like it was.  I have deleted a few of my threads for now.  Gordon
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010 - 11:30:54 AM by 426HEMI »
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: Why is it?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010 - 11:55:36 AM »
Why is it that it now seems that some can say what they want and are not warned.  I hope that it gets better soon.  I believe a lot of people would like the site even better if the mods took back control like it was.  I have deleted a few of my threads for now.  Gordon

On a forum it is very different than speaking one on one with somebody.
It is VERY easy to take things out of context sometimes.
When someone makes a comment meant to be a harmless joke to some, it can certainly be taken as extremely offensive to another person.
It is all in the individual personality.
It's what makes us human. If we all were happy go lucky, always agreeing with everything everyone says it would be one hell of a boring world.
 I can sometimes be "offensive" in certain folks eyes, but if you understood someone's  particular upbringing it makes total sense, and it is ALWAYS done in fun, and I have NEVER intentionally meant to harm anyone.
Those who are easy offended were just not brought up the same way.
Some have thick skin......others let every single little thing that is said on a forum bother them, and make it a crusade to stop it...."to bring folks to THEIR morals".
 For example, I am personally very respectful of those who have helped me, and I ALWAYS give a thanks to show my appreciation.
I know some here who ask a thousand questions without a saingle thank you to those who took the time to help them.
I find that WAY more "offensive" than those who crack a stupid joke,(like me) here and there, but I leave it alone. Just because they do not "think like me", or have the "morals" that I do doesn't mean I should rant and rave.
 We are all different.......and that's a very good thing.
It makes the world interesting.

To each their own my brothers and sisters  :cheers:

By the way Gordon, why did you delete some of your threads?  :clueless:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010 - 11:58:40 AM »
I agree.

I read all of your threads Gordon, and I wasn't offended.   Sucks someone offended you.  I just look past those types of posts. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010 - 12:29:10 PM »
I went through the threads which were 2 and I saw some that had made comments they should be keeping to themselves.  I do not try to offend anyone but several here make comments that are not good to me.  they offend me for sure.  I thought some would learn by my garage.  Thought some would want to know my progress on getting a job.  But some act as if they are the king of this forum.  I have been a member for some time now. I like to try to help educate those who want the help.  Some think they know it all. 
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010 - 12:43:05 PM »
 Sorry you were offended and feel that way Gordon.
Unfortunately it's that way whether your on a forum or in "real life"
 Take the good and simply ignore the bad.
Don't let ANYONE dictate how you react, and what you are trying to accomplish here.
Help those who want to learn, and those who don't will learn in their own way.
Your a good dude in my eyes.....not that that should mean anything to you, as I have probably offended you at one time or another I would venture to guess.  :(

I do not try to offend anyone but several here make comments that are not good to me.  they offend me for sure. 

Simple "words" have led people to kill, hate, deceive, resent etc......

Simple "words" only offend..... if you allow them to.
I've been called every name in the book....sucker punched.....been lied to....some folks I know would love to knock my head off my shoulders.......I'm sure you find that hard to believe  :roflsmiley:
All that "drama" I let roll right off my back.
I do not let others EVER dictate my life and what I look to get across.

Keep posting away Gordon, and just pass on by what you don't agree with.
Resentment takes up too much energy......let it roll brother  :rofl:  :wave:  :cheers:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

wagesofsin

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010 - 05:06:58 PM »
 :iagree:

well said jeff!!

hatred, and negativity are wasted energy... period.

now then , about you calling me a d!@$ jeff!!!!!

:smilielol: :2thumbs:

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010 - 05:36:59 PM »
 :iagree: jeff,,this forum brings in people from all over the states and the world,,nobody can respond the same or take things the same way,,you only see what you read,,its very different face to face,,i am as big a smartass as anybody and most friends know this,you cant read to much in to something without talking face to face,,this is a place to share and i have seen moderators speak up when it gets out of hand,,cant take it personally if somebody disagrees
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010 - 07:02:07 PM »
Sometimes I just let things out in the open when I see things not as they are.  Deception always will run amuck if not in the open.   Alot could be said in this post, but I will bite my tongue.  I am hoping that one day, things will iron over and be calm myself.  When you take trust out of the picture, it takes a while to build it back. 

Are you mad because that guy that served you papers called you out about theiving things?  Or about people trying to make sure you had info on building your shop solid without it falling in on you? There are about a dozen issues that could be disscussed here, but for the most part you are likeable. You do use cc.c as a diary. When the book is open, all tend to read it. And when the pages get smeared with confusion, so does the author.

Maybe some have been a little out of line. Myself may be one of those people. But on the other hand, have you been honest with everyone?   Spring is near, and this happening right now is just the winter posts. I look forward to seeing your car project move ahead and your shop get what it needs before it falls down from sagging.   We are neighbors, and I hope to be friends.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010 - 07:19:07 PM »
Hey Gordon..........I don't personally know you but you seem to be a straight shooter in your own way.  I know there have been some posts that may have seemed to be trying to knock you down...........but as I read them.........they were all in fun.  I may have even upset you at some time but not have meant to.  If so.........I am sorry.  I am concerned about your roof without bracing.........If you stillhave the triangle only.......I don't see how it is supporting the sheathing and shingles now, much less any falling weather.  I would hate to see you and your belongings destroyed by improper building practices.   I think most of the posts have your best interest at heart.     Keep your chin up.........David
Dave or David

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010 - 07:50:50 PM »
Gordon, I think a lot of the things that come across as ''offensive" are borne of frustration.  When you post, people read it and offer their thoughts.  It appears that you typically ignore or reject the input (your garage roof for example).

At that point, confusion sets in as to why you're posting these threads if you don't want questions or input offered.  We can all learn from each other...no one knows everything.

No one here wishes you ill-will.  We all want you to finish your shop and your car in the most effective, frugal and safe way possible.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010 - 08:58:02 PM »
Gordon,
Posting a thread like "trying to think what to do" (I think that was close) people are naturally going to post some opinions, ideas & (hopefully constructive) critism.

If the replies bother you, do not start posts like that.

I feel bad for the folks that honestly tried to help you with really good ideas that you seem to continually ignore.

Like it or not, you are pushing people away that are / were trying to help you.   :2cents:

Barry

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010 - 09:42:27 PM »
Just wanted to say, great advice everyone.  :2thumbs:

Hell, somebody should thank you for taking the time  :biggrin:  :cheers:

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010 - 12:00:49 PM »
 :iagree:   

I can't believe I just agreed with R/T......     :poopoke:    :smilielol:    :roflsmiley:    :bigsmile:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010 - 04:00:03 PM »
I hate it when someone makes a post without saying who there talking about! digs that the mods let go through etc but the poster is to gutless to man up who there talking about... GUTLESS COWARD!  :2cents:

OK, so...............

Who are you talking about?  :dunno:

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010 - 11:55:29 PM »
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

As they used to say to Kelso..."Dude, you just got burned"
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.