Author Topic: SC/NC Junk Yards  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
SC/NC Junk Yards
« on: February 07, 2010 - 11:13:05 PM »
trying to hunt down some fenders and a rallye hood for a 73 Chally-  not having much luck. Anyone know of some "hidden" salvage yards in the NC/SC area I can try?
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: SC/NC Junk Yards
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010 - 11:17:35 PM »
can't say I do. But I like your quote.

Comin' at ya like a heard of turtles  :lol:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Marty73

• '73 Challenger
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010 - 08:34:46 AM »
Thanks  - I saw it on a T-shirt once and it cracked me up (picture on teh shirt was pretty darn funny too)  :dogpile:
Comin' at ya like a herd of turtles

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010 - 01:06:14 PM »
Marty,

there's an unofficial yard just off I-95 between Hope Mills and Fayetteville. I can't recall the exit number, but I'm pretty sure that it's the exit for Fayetteville airport. Turn right at the exit, and within, say a quarter mile you'll see a house with a lot of old cars. If you're heading north on I-95 you'll see it on the right, but by then you'll have passed the exit.

I'm told that the guy has a Challenger. He and I went out to look for it, but we couldn't find it. The reason I say "unofficial" is that it's not really a salvage yard. He inherited a bunch of farm land from his grandfather, and he just buys cars and puts them out on the land. I'd guess there's 100-200 acres of old cars, many of them in great shape, all things considered.

the other rub is that his prices are pretty high. As in, outrageously high. I stopped by to check on a 69 Camaro body shell for a friend. Completely stripped roller chassis, fresh paint, $50k. When I asked why it was so high he gave me a story about it being a very rare, limited edition model with lots of luxury features and a 6 banger that was marketed to women. Could be true, as I don't know Camaros that awfully well, but $50k for any chassis that's not COPO or Yenko strikes me as insane.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars