Author Topic: anyone read up on this iceberg? Some serious stuff  (Read 2421 times)

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Re: anyone read up on this iceberg? Some serious stuff
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:19:45 AM »
making money out of it, and grabbing for power over all of us.
The bottom line....most reasonable people want to take care of the earth, but not using cooked numbers and phony science.
I cant wait until Gore and his ilk are all imprisoned with the Bernie Madoff's of the world.
Every one of them, nothing but high scale scam artists.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:26:49 AM »
I wasn't refering to global warming/climate change on this post as to where the berg actually had broken off. It is where the ocean changes and makes salty water. The article, I thought, was a good read.

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:32:08 AM »
Always be suspicious when politics becomes the driving force behind the science.  :nono:  Because funding is tied to the politics, this tends to distorted academic research, surpressed academic freedom, create bias, and ethical problems.  This HAS been exposed in the top global warming academic elite at East Anglian, Penn State and NASA.  The IPCC has now been exposed and discredited and everyone is aware that Al Gore's book is fear-mongering for the cause (and to get him rich-which he has done).  When the political left was saying "The science is over" I knew trouble was brewing.  :2cents:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline Changin Gears

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:56:39 AM »
What I thought was interesting was that the iceberg that hit and broke off the new one has been foating around for 23 years.  It broke off in 1987.

The goal never changes - Stop the 60' timer with your back tires

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:26:42 PM »
Al,
We know you werent trying to stir up anything,   :stirpot::bigsmile:
and I just posted because I know that everytime an iceberg breaks off its a cause celebre for the global warmers. They absolutely have a field day over it. :villagers:
I have to admit, anytime something huge like this happens the forces that are unleashed and the physics are fascinating. Who wouldnt want to witness something that big start breaking off. Of course, it happens over many years, but at some point there must be the straw that finally breaks its back, and wham, it starts to really go.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:39:07 PM »
Everytime an Iceberg breaks, an Angel gets its wings.  :angelwings:

:bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:45:30 PM »
Last report: There have just now been confirmed that 45 have died to fierce winter storms in France, Portigugal (spell?,sorry) Spain and Germany within the last 24 hours, strong winds frigid temps.,and snowfall. That combined with eariler winter storms to hit England and Scottland (Wales?), plus what has been hitting our country............sure sounds like alarming trends of a warming climate.  :roflsmiley: What a joke these dips.........  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Cuda Commando

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010 - 03:42:16 PM »
According to a report in the British papers,these icebergs could affect the deep sea currents and change the weather patterns of the planet.Maybe,or maybe not. Talking of natural disasters,there could be an almighty one nearer to home for you guys in the States.It seems that the massive volcano under Yosemity National Park is on the move.By that I mean the park has risen at a faster rate in recent years than before due to the constant pressure of magma rising from the bowels of the earth.From surveys done by geologists it has blown with planet changing results approximately every 600,000 years.At the moment the clock is reading 640,000 years and counting. :22yikes: When it erupts again, and they say it will,global warming will be the last thing on the minds of any survivors left on the planet.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010 - 06:13:18 PM »
Well it does sound like it could seriously affect ocean life if it disrupts the currents feeding oxygen to the ocean itself.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010 - 06:32:46 PM »
Whats wrong with living cleaner and wasting less?
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010 - 06:41:37 PM »
Whats wrong with living cleaner and wasting less?

A-Men   
I dig plastics out of the trash, that my wife & kids put there, to put in the recycle bin. 
 Every little thing helps...I hope.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010 - 07:12:22 PM »
 :iagree: Something like Yosemite uncorking is a real true based on real science.  If it lets go like the last eruption 600,000 years ago, it would indeed be a biblical level disaster.  Lets hope Mother Nature can hold back for another 10,000 years or so.  :eek7:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010 - 07:12:46 PM »
I dont think anyone is saying its not a good thing to live cleaner and to waste less. I just think its wrong to be made to feel that I am directly responsible for a global condition that is nonexistant
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010 - 04:03:22 AM »
I dont think anyone is saying its not a good thing to live cleaner and to waste less. I just think its wrong to be made to feel that I am directly responsible for a global condition that is nonexistant
  :iagree:   Well said   :bigsmile: 
Dave

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010 - 07:02:23 AM »
The earth is an ever changing ecosystem. Warming, cooling, expanding, contracting, for whatever reason it's always changing. We just don't have the knowledge to understand all the changes and what they mean. So we make (with the limited knowledge we have) guesses. Sometimes right, often wrong. :2cents:
:iagree:

We are powerless to alter mother earth's LONG TERM goals.  Mankind is a TINY fraction of the earth's lifespan.

We can affect (maybe) our comfort to some degree by not polluting where we dont have to....and we should try our best.  But these global warming folks over simplify things.

The earth has recycled herself before and will again. Armegeddon for us, a new life for earth.

Thats why the dinosaurs are no longer and instead they fuel our cars.   One day we may end up fueling the next civilizations transportation....I hope I get to be run through whatever they consider a "muscle car" then!  LOL