Author Topic: Help with Subframe connectors... Should they fit like this?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

Re: Help with Subframe connectors... Should they fit like this?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010 - 06:44:45 PM »
a cuda has a 2in shorter wheelbase
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010 - 06:50:40 PM »
 :iagree:    maybe they fit an Imperial...?  :violin:   j/k
I hope you get it sorted out with the vendor... no fun in paying a bunch of bucks and getting a bunch of work...
*** Bart ***

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010 - 07:20:42 PM »
Farmboy, mine look like yours do... who made / where did you get yours?  I ordered mine from a site supporter / vendor but I don't want to say who it is until I get a chance to discuss it with them.  This could be a simple matter of the wrong year or being sent Cuda when I needed Challenger.  Don't know yet, but they are not acceptable.  If they were as close as Farmboys, I would be VERY happy.

BTW, this is a stock floor car with no mods.
Mine were US Car Tool connectors and factory floor. Once I clamped and used the bolt to put a little tension on them they fit well, just some corners that were larger gap to fill. Is it possible your floor pans are pushed up some?
Dave

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010 - 07:56:04 PM »
I recall when I did mine, that I had to shorten the height of the connectors where they meet at the front frame. When I did that, things started getting closer to fit right.

Study everything for a while. In your picture, the tabs that point upward where they would fall into, look about where they should go.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 - 07:58:06 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:01:42 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys.  AND The pictures... that really helps.
 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:35:57 PM »
I just use a 1X2" rectangular tube , it fits snug under the car , way cheaper & faster to fit

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline AZDAN

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010 - 10:35:37 PM »
I have US Car Tools, the first set I got was did not fit, apparently the jig or moved or some other problem. They did not think any got out, this was several years ago. I took pictures and they sent me a new set that fit better but you do have to make them fit. Mine were close in spots and big gaps in others. It took some time but I got them to fit. After 20 - 3 years on the road flexing and production line tolerances it would be hard to make it so they fit every car just right out of the box.