Author Topic: 73 barracuda  (Read 7419 times)

Offline kotakid

73 barracuda
« on: February 28, 2010 - 10:35:01 AM »
Hey everyone well my dad and I found a barracuda for me to work on, gonna need a lot of work as ur gonna see whenever my dad posts pics but I see it as one mopar that's just in need of some tlc. I plan on making it into a 70 71 or 72 haven't decided which.  I know id like to paint it sassy grass green though. Its gonna take awhile to get alll the parts for it since it needs a lot and I'm not a money tree lol.  But one day it will be done, hopefully sooner rather than later just glad to start.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: 73 barracuda
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010 - 01:41:57 PM »
Keep it a 73, it will save costs extensively.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010 - 02:03:30 PM »
Here is the front of it.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010 - 02:06:48 PM »
Alot of the parts coming off my car will go onto my sons car.  I will post more pics either tonight or tomorrow night.  Just takes some time to do.  I have several extra parts for him also but we will make a list of needed parts.  So some of the stuff to make it a 70 we already have for it.  But might make it a 72 which is my 2nd favorite year of Cuda.  I think it was a 318 car with a 904 trans.  We will put a 727 in it though. :bigsmile:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:38:59 PM »
That car will be a lot of work.  Maybe he should think about parting it out and getting a more complete car?  I dont know what parts or anything came with it but it looks like a serious cash pit for just a cruiser? 

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:47:00 PM »
whats the difference between a 72 and 73? Arent they basically the same?
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline kotakid

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010 - 12:01:24 AM »
 :crazy: :villagers:i
That car will be a lot of work.  Maybe he should think about parting it out and getting a more complete car?  I dont know what parts or anything came with it but it looks like a serious cash pit for just a cruiser? 

Don
I don't have any more money to spend on a better car of course its gonna take work and time but it needs it. Id had to see this thing just get parted out haven't seen it up close but only thing it that make its look really bad is the roof and my dad has a roof. It won't take as much money as u think may be a frankenstien of my dads car but will still look good.

Offline UKcuda

• Tell them I'm on my way
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010 - 04:20:03 AM »
That's the spirit - my '72 was worse than yours looks, as were a lot of others that are now driving around.
'72 'cuda

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010 - 01:59:29 PM »
whats the difference between a 72 and 73?

Other than the bumpers/brackets and filler panels...nothing.

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:30:16 PM »
Here are a few more pics I hope of his car.   :bigsmile:

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:36:17 PM »
Wow,
I hope you two didn't pay more than a couple of hundred for that thing. I know your son sees the future with him driving it but I've leaned that if you spend a couple of thousand more for the purchase, you may be driving years sooner if at all.

Good luck kotakid!
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline RB2929

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:49:23 PM »
Congrats on the new Cuda!!!
Don't worry too much about the lack of up front funds to invest into the car.
You have several months of "free" restoration that you will need to do.
- Stripping off all the paint
- Cleaning/removing 40 years of grease
- Taking mom's/wife's glad bags and organizing the parts you remove
- Lots (and lots) of pictures

If you don't already have, I highly recommend that you get the Chasis and Body Service Manuals, in hard copy.

Also, if available in your neck of the woods, go to salvage yards that allow you to pull the part.  You're not going to fing a Cuda, but, a lot of other Chrysler cars that have interchangable parts.

That, and I hope you have a welder.  If not, get one.  Harbour Frieght has them for just over $100.  Practise on scrap metal, and before you know it, you'll be replacing the roof and any other rusted spots.

Good luck on your venture.  Please keep us posted with pics (we love pics)
Now go forth and bring the dead back to life :cooldancing:
Ron

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:52:48 PM »
I think he will depend on his dad for the repair manual thing. As for as the wielder he will most likely depend on dad for that as well.  As for as the scrap yard he will look in my shed and garage for a lot of the parts.  Hehehehehe

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline RB2929

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:58:15 PM »
Gordon-
Awsome!!

My dad wasent a "car guy."
We lost out on some quality time.

You and your son will become closer while doing the two Cudas

Ron

Offline kotakid

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010 - 08:26:51 PM »
Wow,
I hope you two didn't pay more than a couple of hundred for that thing. I know your son sees the future with him driving it but I've leaned that if you spend a couple of thousand more for the purchase, you may be driving years sooner if at all.

Good luck kotakid!

Ok if I spend a couple thousand (that I don't have) I'm stil going to be makin repairs the repairs nneeded on this car a lot my dad has already so its not a big deal. I just know this cars in bad shape but I've also seen a challenger my dad has owned in pretty bad shape and turn out to be the best car I've ever seen. So with this I could actually get. Rolling sooner cause I won't have to save anymore for the car