Author Topic: If I had A Dollar For Every Time....  (Read 6823 times)

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
Re: If I had A Dollar For Every Time....
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010 - 01:35:48 AM »
I had the grandaddy of all BS sotries today.  I had to have my car towed to a mechanic to see what the problem is.  Haggerty offers free towing, so I took them up on it.  The driver asks me if it is a '69. I say no '70.  then he tells me his brother has a '70 cuda in the garage.  He kinda drags it out slowly. A Hemi Cuda..  a convertable.   I tell him thats a million dollar car.  He replys back actually he's had an offer of 1.2  Haha I tell him too bad it was 5 million a few years ago.  You don't want to get into it with the guy towing your ride.   He then goes on to tell me about the 67 mustang he has in his garage he is restoring.  The body is off the frame and he is going to powdercoat the frame.  Lol I though stangs were unibody?!? 

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010 - 08:37:56 PM »
Yeah I've the Camaro thing at least a half dozen times and been called a mustang at least twice!! I sorta get the Camaro but calling it a Mustang??? I also get the rednecks that ask me if I wish it had a Hemi in it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010 - 09:42:17 PM by cudadave72 »
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010 - 01:45:28 PM »
  :faint:   oh yeah... that would be a nice car if you had a hemi in it.....    :violin: :aarg:
*** Bart ***

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010 - 08:31:06 PM »
I can so relate, my Tor-Red 70 Roadrunner is constantly confused with "General Lee" by almost everyone who sees it.  I guess I shouldn't be too upset considering they filmed the show not all that far from where I live but given I've never been a fan of the show and the number of Chargers they destroyed it still doesn't sit well....
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010 - 08:42:00 PM »
When I drive either the cuda or challenger, I wear a hat pulled real low and act like I am in my own world, otherwise I would be talking mopar with strangers all day and never get a thing done.
And yeah, the kid at Handy Mart called the Cuda a Charger first, I told him to look again, he does, and says camaro?

:roflsmiley:

Offline KM/H

• VETTEVIS
    • www.rubenooms.com
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010 - 06:34:51 PM »
Most of the time they call my Barracuda a mustang :sleeping:

The guys who think they're car-guys, call it a Charger. If I say, "it's a Barracuda" they say, ok? and after a while they say; The Charger is my favorite, I'm going to buy one.... Some day :roflsmiley: :rofl: :grinno: :grinno: :grinno: :sleeping:

....I thought "calling it a mustang" was a European thing.... :lol:
(O====I====O) www.rubenooms.com

Offline rallye73

• Model cars for the big boys!!
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010 - 11:26:06 PM »
I've heard the Charger thing tons of times over the years. It's been mistaken for a cuda a few times and I think even Camaro. Atleast one of the neighborhood kids close to the shop where my 73 is at knew what it was. Kid drove by the shop and stopped while the door was up and said; cool Challenger! That was even with it stripped to a bare shell! Yeah he got an invite back to the shop.
John Moorman
1971 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed (waiting it's turn)
1973 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed (undergoing full resto)
2003 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3 turbo daily driver-been as fast as 11.97et
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe DOHC 5 speed Nitro-yellow-green (one of 527 built)

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010 - 12:33:51 AM »
  :faint:   oh yeah... that would be a nice car if you had a hemi in it.....    :violin: :aarg:
I've called out more than a few of those morons.  Ask them if they even know what a Hemi is.  Most don't..they just heard a cool word one time in a commercial.

I love the guys that ask what year mine is...and then tell me they had one just like it.  Really, can't remember a '71 Cuda out of the 20 cars you've owned???
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline KM/H

• VETTEVIS
    • www.rubenooms.com
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010 - 11:24:43 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I saw the Chrom&Flammen magazine today, and they say there's an article next month about a '73 Charger.......The photo tells it's a '73 Challenger :smilielol:
(O====I====O) www.rubenooms.com

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010 - 11:51:37 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I saw the Chrom&Flammen magazine today, and they say there's an article next month about a '73 Charger.......The photo tells it's a '73 Challenger :smilielol:

:22yikes:   kiddin`right...?     :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

a few weeks ago a I had a new boiler installed in my house. The mechanic walked along the car which was under a cover,  and said:  wow... what`s that? a cuda or something...?     :2thumbs:   
*** Bart ***

Offline cudaneil

• Mopar or Nocar ?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010 - 01:29:35 PM »
 :roflsmiley:
                    Dont worry Guys, its not just where you live...............its worldwide !   It happens in the UK too.

I get asked all the time , usually by kids if its a mustang.    But the older guys tend to give me the thumbs up and say "nice charger"

Strangely my cuda never gets mistaken for a challenger, which you could understand !!!      :faint:
just one more job to do..................  (O----{|||}----O)

Offline MOPARGIRL

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010 - 10:20:32 AM »
Last night a friend's son was over to give me a painting quote - a "car lover" who wanted to see my car.  I opened up the garage and he looks and says "oh wow, nice charger".  I had to laugh - he also looked at me in disbelief and asked me if it was really my car??? 

LOL I was really hoping the word "mopargirl" on the side would eliminate any disbelief that the car was mine......guess I should have ordered pink stripes :roflsmiley:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010 - 10:26:43 AM by MOPARGIRL »

Offline Tonefiend

• ▬▬▬▬ ♫ ♠ ♫ ▬▬▬▬
  • '70 Challenger
    • Ian A. Guitars
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010 - 05:34:45 AM »
I was on my Harley Softail the other day and got "Nice Valkyre"   :screwy:

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010 - 07:53:05 AM »
I really don't know what you Challenger guys are bitc*in bout, at least you don't get the "HEY! Nice Cadillac" refering to "Christine".....I've had people stand there and TELL me what year the "REAL" General Lee was...A 1969..MY car was a 1968, wrong year cause the 68's had the split grille..... :clueless:

I even had one guy ask me about my '66 Chevy II Nova, looking RIGHT AT my '68 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan...
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010 - 03:02:33 PM »
yea yea so hows the charger running with the new trans?.. :roflsmiley: