Author Topic: Fuel vapor line 70 cuda  (Read 1768 times)

Offline sportony

Fuel vapor line 70 cuda
« on: March 06, 2010 - 10:18:09 PM »
Hello - first timer here....

I was wondering if anyone had any pics of a 70 cuda fuel tank vent tube setup.  I bought a 70 340 car from a Hillbilly who riveted in a flat sheetmental trunk floor due to rust issues. I have a single vent coming off the passenger side / right side of the tank, but have no idea where the repo tube I bought goes.... Does it go up through the right rear frame rail and into the trunk, and then loop back down and through the trunk floor again, back to in front of the tank ? I am trying to convert it to 440 specs with a vapor separator and 3/8" line.  Also is the return line from the vapor separator back to the sending unit made of rubber or steel ??  Any help is appreciated...

** I have seen the vapor line for a 70 challenger, and it appears different, so I don't think a comparison is adequate as the fuel filler tube on the chally is on the side of the quarter panel, and mine is behind the license plate.

Thanks ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010 - 10:41:32 AM by sportony »

Offline TROUBLE987

Re: Fuel vapor line 70 cuda
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010 - 02:37:33 PM »
yeah i did the samething as he did,i was young and was putting a fuel cell in it,so it looked like dead wieght to me..no im trying to put it back together ..so hopefully we can get a answer.. :popcorn:

Offline swede-cuda

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010 - 03:26:57 PM »
 :clueless:hm,at least with a federal cuda-70=no ecs,its like you describe it but the vent line enters the fuel tank on the right side,not the front.with ecs then i guess its more hoses and pipes involved.-are you talking bout the vapor separator stuff in the trunk or the little with 3 hose connections at the fuel pump.and return vapor line =steel

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010 - 06:41:27 AM »
Welcome
yes the fuel line goes up into the trunk & loops back into the frame rail on the rright side

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t