Elvis Presley Cuda. Anyone have any feedback or might know something?

Author Topic: Elvis Presley Cuda. Anyone have any feedback or might know something?  (Read 7501 times)

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
Hey everyone. I hope everyone here is doing well in 2010. I'm fixing to list this on eBay and this car has received quite a bit of attention thus far. The guy who I'm selling it for is a good friend of mine and he is one of the straightest shooters I know. Here is the write up I put together on his Cuda for eBay:

http://mmbrokers.com/newcars/71ElvisCuda/71ElvisCuda.htm

What I'm trying to figure out here is, on the title, it is signed off as "Carmen Sandiego" above "State Revenue Commissioner". Any thoughts?
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
Re: Elvis Presley Cuda. Anyone have any feedback or might know something?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010 - 12:24:48 AM »
Good looking Cuda, plenty of pic's, maybe some pic's should be in the babe section.   :naughty:
If this is real I would want it to be original, color, running gear & motor, worth more then.   :money:
Who ever buys would have to put back to original for the value to be there and that would add to the cost other wise it really is just another good looking clone.   :2cents:
Dave

Offline shawnmid

• FastMetalToys.com
    • Fast Metal Toys
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010 - 02:20:46 AM »
Oh I do agree but then again, the clones seem to be doing better than the original cars at the moment. What I am thrown off by is this title business. I've read over some posts found online which indicate that the title to this Cuda is a forgery but this is only based on what a representative from the license bureau in Ohio stated and that is their titles typically have nine digits vs the eight located at the bottom. Every few years it seems like every state changes how their titles are produced and how they appear visually. This is the only item that really throws me off oh and the fact that there is a signature for a "Carmen Sandiego".
FastMetalToys.com

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010 - 02:38:08 AM »
Were you provided with any other information that will help validate the car's previous owner being Elvis?  That is odd that someone signed the title as "Carmen Sandiego" because the only thing I can associate it with that name is the old PBS program, "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?".  I don't think this would have been particularly true with a Chrysler product's broadcast sheet, but I do have a photo copied broadcast sheet from an AMC Elvis purchased back in either '74 or '75 & they put in the "Special Instructions" section that is was purchased by Elvis Presley, followed by his address & which dealership it was to be sent to.

Anyways, good luck trying to straighten everything out with the sale & good luck when you are able to list it.  I'm sure it will bring a hefty price, given the previous owner + year. :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010 - 08:10:09 AM »
Not a fan of the painted wires - most always means a car has been hastily prepped for market. Still looks clean though. All the mods take away from the celebrity car image though dont you think?

Its probably me but that chick looks kind've like Lisa Marie did in her younger days?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010 - 10:38:48 AM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010 - 08:36:54 AM »
Not a fan of the painted wires - most always means a car has been hastily prepped for market. I'd be wary of this one let alone it's provenance to Elvis.

Its probably me but that chick looks kind've like Lisa Marie did in her younger days?

Carmen Sandiego is a fictional character. There was a TV show in the 90's "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"

That car looks sweet on the outside!
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 71cudajoe

• 71 Cuda Restoration Project
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010 - 09:26:25 AM »
This car is great!! I love the look... obviously... because I am building one that is going to turn out almost identical. When I saw this Cuda in this month's Mopar Action mag, I have to admit I was excited and a bit bummed at the same time.

I've been working on my own 71 Cuda for about a year now. The Sassy Grass green with the black billboards, black interior, and black Boss rims give it an uncanny resemblance to this "Elvis" car.

http://www.igstest.com/71cuda/project/

My car was painted over a year ago. I bought my rims last summer. Now it almost looks like I'm copying this Elvis' car. Oh well. There are subtle differences: mine has a 472 HEMI, 5-speed, Dana, shaker and elastomeric bumpers -- I guess enough to make it my own. I've considered putting on different rims (17" Magnum 500s). Now, depending upon how much publicity this one gets, I may get those sooner than later just so my car doesn't look like a copycat.

Again, though, great car!!! Good luck with the sale.
David - '71 HEMI Cuda Retro-mod
FOR PICS VISIT www.71cuda.net

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010 - 10:06:03 AM »
Why don't you just contact Dick Levin's office and see if Carmen was indeed the Commissioner in 71?

http://tax.ohio.gov/divisions/communications/tax_commissioner_bio.stm
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010 - 10:07:46 AM »
Beautiful car  :grinyes: The girl is distracting to say the least, but it would be nice to see an authentic photo of Elvis with the car.  :picture:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010 - 11:49:48 AM »
If this car can be verified as once owned by Elvis no matter what color it is now I'd forget e-bay etc. and take it to the BJ auction next February.   :dunno:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010 - 12:39:34 PM »
   Nice looking car. It has the same build date (4/21) as my cuda and is only five digits off in vin number. I imagine booth cars went down the line at the same time.  I have to question those bumper guards on the front fender by the licence plate---don't think I have ever seen any like them on a 71 before?    :clueless:   Even the rear guards with the rubber inserts look off to me.  Still neat to see a car built so close to mine. 

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010 - 03:00:12 PM »
That's not the original dual snorkel air cleaner either.  Believe that one is from a 72 or 73 car.
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010 - 04:29:50 PM »
Man i'd love to have that car.....and her.... :naughty:   :bigsmile:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010 - 07:32:31 PM »
   Nice looking car. It has the same build date (4/21) as my cuda and is only five digits off in vin number. I imagine booth cars went down the line at the same time.  I have to question those bumper guards on the front fender by the licence plate---don't think I have ever seen any like them on a 71 before?    :clueless:   Even the rear guards with the rubber inserts look off to me.  Still neat to see a car built so close to mine.

The bumper guards are correct, but only on a chrome bumper. They look odd since the bumpers were painted body color. The fronts would NOT have come on a rubber bumper.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010 - 01:05:13 PM »
Man, I love the 71 CUDA!
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.