Author Topic: Spring Relocators Revisited!  (Read 6368 times)

Offline 2000gt

Re: Spring Relocators Revisited!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004 - 02:31:43 PM »
What springs does your car have then??? 

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004 - 04:55:45 PM »
Sorry, most of my stuff is homemade from year of racing and experiments with different cars and
body styles

If memory serves me though, the white car has a middle leaf from Super Stock springs with stock
A-body leafs around it

One of the more fun projects we have done is my buddies Aspen R/T J/stock eliminator car
Withen the rules you must use stock spring dimentions and leaf count. What we did was take the
stock F-body main spring and surrounded it with super stock leafs for a firmer launch. Add some
clamps and move them around and you get a launch like this one

That's a stock 3600 pound car with a thermoquad 360 and a turbo/action 904 and 456 gears
9 inch slicks

[attachment deleted by admin]

nivvy

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2004 - 09:09:31 PM »
Mancini told me that the xhd springs wouldnt fit on my 3/4 relo kit.....and had to use ss springs....so i went with the 3300 lb ss spring.........that mancini offers......hope it fits good under there????

8 Pack

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2004 - 09:26:20 PM »
Sounds perfect to me 8)

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:17:30 PM »
Hey fellas, thanks for the input.  That kind of screws me up 8pack, I had decided I was gettin gthe A-body ones, now I guess I had better just break down and get the superstocks.  Is 3300lbs the concensus for the weight?  Anyone with the 3300's with pics of ride height?

Here are a few pics.  I went to my buddies and borrowed his 17x9.5's (same rim and tire I will be running) to try on my car with the narrower B-body rearend and 3/4 relo kit.  I know the wheel sits back too far in the wheelwell, its because the ebody springs are to long.  But you do get the idea of how well the wheel and tire will fit.  Also, the springs are in the bottom hole on the front hangers so if I put the new springs in the top that should lower the car another inch.  Also some pics of his 72 chally, stock hangers and shakles, stock ebody rear.  Maybe I should just go this route and save some money???  What do you guys think, stock e-body rear, shackles and hangers or b-body rear, 3/4 relo kit and order some superstocks?

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:19:14 PM »
x

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:23:45 PM »
sorry some are a little grainy

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:24:20 PM »
Last one

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:35:15 PM »
I'm not sure you are going to get a true picture of what that car is going to sit like until you add the weight to the front end!  Thats what I would wait for before making and decisions.   :P   ;D  ;D

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004 - 10:54:14 PM »
Right now I'm not too concerned about ride height, just want  to get and idea of how the wheels will sit in the wheel well, further in with the relo kit and b-body rear or further out with stock stuff like the chally above.  I should also be able to get a pretty good idea of how the car will sit by looking at others combinations.  I still have the front hangers with the two holes for some final adjustment when the car is done as well.  Just looking for opinions as to which ss springs I should get based on the fact that I will be running a 4 spd and a bigblock.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004 - 11:22:46 PM »
Mancini told me that the xhd springs wouldnt fit on my 3/4 relo kit.....and had to use ss springs....so i went with the 3300 lb ss spring.........that mancini offers......hope it fits good under there?

The Xhd spring would work as long as you use the A-body one

The guy at Mancini probably thought you meant the E-body ones
Super Stock springs by definition mean the're the springs made for the Drag Racing Darts and
Barracudas of the mid to late sixties so length and width wise they are the same a any A-body
spring from 1967 to 1976
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004 - 11:34:55 PM by 360cuda »

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2004 - 01:18:47 PM »
I just talked to Mancini and they said the A body XHD would not work because the eyes are different sizes???

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004 - 03:22:27 PM »
For some reason I thought this guy is on the board and I know I saw another link to a photoshoot and article to this car, but he claims he has XHD springs and the relocators on.  After reading this thread, I assume they are the A-body XHD springs?  I like the results he has.

http://barracuda.ourgarage.com/

Offline 2000gt

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004 - 03:38:04 PM »
Yup, that's exactly the stance I'm after.  I wonder if these guys at Mancini's know what they are talking about?  I know they have a great reputation but they were not too helpful on the phone!  Any link to contacting that guy HemiDog?

nivvy

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004 - 04:36:25 PM »
that was purplehaze......