Author Topic: Regulator Mount  (Read 939 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Regulator Mount
« on: March 14, 2010 - 10:32:07 PM »
SO I have been working on a new regulator mount for my cuda.... so here is what I came up with.

The reg is free hanging from the fuel lines...any one see any problems with this on a street car.

Jason
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Regulator Mount
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010 - 01:11:17 AM »
looks fine to me

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010 - 01:38:09 AM »
Should live, steel lines won't care too much. I have the summit? mount that attaches to the two carb mounting studs. Works out well.
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010 - 07:25:12 AM »
Thanks guys...BTW I used aluminum lines...
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Supercuda

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010 - 09:30:16 AM »
My only concern is the vibration, and what it will do to the fuel lines at the regulator. Aluminum will be more likely to crack in this application, and it will probably take a while to happen. I used a factory police car regulator mount on my car; it mounts to the intake manifold, and will hold a Holley regulator. The mount bracket was part of a mid-late 80s recall on the carbureted 318 cars.

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010 - 09:39:06 AM »
 :iagree: 
Steel is fine. Aluminum will crack with all the vibration and it's only a matter of time. What I would sugget is a bracket off the carb stud to bolt the regulator to, then connect teh reg to carb with steel lines, and reg to filter steel, filter to feed line with a rubber connector. That will let the engine move around as needed and not stress the lines.