Author Topic: 650 AVS stumbling in hard turns - ideas?  (Read 2723 times)

Offline shadango

• Resident
Re: 650 AVS stumbling in hard turns - ideas?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010 - 08:12:09 AM »
Add me to the club...eddy carb, hard right up hill will cause it to stumble out......also thought wiring...

Hey its an old car...it is bound to have some quirks.   :bigsmile:  Its really un-nerving though to go into a hard right and think the engine is gonna die out.

What I want to figure out would be the hot start issue...

I have been considering going to another carb brand altogether but just dreaming i guess.   

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010 - 09:23:55 AM »
Add me to the club...eddy carb, hard right up hill will cause it to stumble out......also thought wiring...

Hey its an old car...it is bound to have some quirks.   :bigsmile:  Its really un-nerving though to go into a hard right and think the engine is gonna die out.

I have been considering going to another carb brand altogether but just dreaming i guess.

Whats the hard hot start issue? I can't get mine to foul up when hot. As soon as I can hit the key it's runnin'.

Stumbling may be a little better. I went with a 15/32" bit for the floats, driving it again today to work for a little test n tune
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010 - 05:26:19 PM »

Hot hard to start can sometimes be related to hot fuel...do you have a spacer between the carb & intake?.... If not add one...you should get a little better low end response anyway.
Also look at fuel lines in relation to heat sources such as headers, exhaust pipes there are thermal wraps to help that.
  Here's a decent deal on a 1" spacer, just make sure you have room 1st...a 1/2" & 2" also available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Phenolic-1-4-Hole-4bbl-Holley-Carb-Spacer-Studs_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cee5c1334QQitemZ330416526132QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!