Author Topic: Man buys NEW SRT-8 Challenger on Ebay for $29,000.00  (Read 2121 times)

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
Re: Man buys NEW SRT-8 Challenger on Ebay for $29,000.00
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010 - 12:28:16 PM »
 :2cents: Without the presures from forums like these, and all the negative publicity the forums had already created for them (the dealer and the salesman), I just have my dought they would have made good here.

Glad this fella got his car for the price. We all like happy endings. But he still should have never needed to go this far.  :villagers:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010 - 12:43:25 PM »
Like they won't make up the loss in the next three cars they sell, eh?
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010 - 02:44:48 PM »
Like they won't make up the loss in the next three cars they sell, eh?

Who knows.... just because a car is expensive doesn't meant he dealership makes  alot of $$ from them.  Depends on the mark up and what the dealer buys the car for then also factor in if the car is paid in full or else the dealer has to loan the money to have the car on the lot.  If it's the latter, the dealer has to pay interest on the car everyday it sits on the lot.  The longer it sits, the less profit the dealer makes on the car. 

I used to work at Acura of Boston and that's the way it was explained to me.  The NSX cars that were the most expensive cars on the lot used to reap the dealership the least amount of profit where the used car line made the most for them, at least in their case....  :2cents:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010 - 07:57:34 PM »
I'm not specifically talking Challengers or even new cars. Most dealers (at least around here) make a KILLING on used cars. It would be impossible to buy anything at my local Dodge dealership. These guys are overpriced and do not budge a dime on anything on their lot. Believe me, I've tried!
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010 - 11:32:33 PM »
I'm not specifically talking Challengers or even new cars. Most dealers (at least around here) make a KILLING on used cars. It would be impossible to buy anything at my local Dodge dealership. These guys are overpriced and do not budge a dime on anything on their lot. Believe me, I've tried!

:iagree:  I go to the dealer as a last resort, whether for cars or parts...

Thanks why I really like craigslist...  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger