Author Topic: Drews Life Update  (Read 3266 times)

sleepychallenger

Drews Life Update
« on: March 17, 2010 - 10:14:45 PM »
Some of you may have noticed that I havent been around much lately. Well, here is an update on what is going on with me. I have been in a class for HAZMAT certification for transportation, the class is hard but almost over. My wife, Ashley, is pregnant with our second child (but our first girl). We scheduled her for a C-section today to happen on April 1. We are moving into a new house next Friday on base, a big upgrade for us as we get a garage and an overall nicer house. Then to top it all off I am getting ready to deploy again in July. The new sheet metal is on the car but it has now been put on hold until we are moved in and settled. There is other drama  :drama: going on too but all stupid stuff.

Well, just figured that I would post up and let everyone know where i have been.

Drew

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
Re: Drews Life Update
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010 - 10:25:12 PM »
Hey Drew! 
Congrats on the pregnancy!  I bet you're getting excited for the big day.  Hopefully the C-section isn't because there's something too out of the ordinary.  Wish all the best to Mom and the new girl on her way!!!  Sounds like you've got a lot going on!  Where are you deploying to?  I'm in Iraq right now.  Will be for another month and a half. 

The car will be waiting for you when you have the time.  Take care of your priorities and all the rest will come in time!

Take care!
Sean

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010 - 10:41:20 PM »
Congrats on the daughter!

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010 - 10:48:27 PM »
Congrates on everything.
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010 - 07:07:18 AM »
Congrats Drew on the new family member & class completion. I've been thru classes like that where you want to stick needles in your eyes. Know you're glad it's over. Always nice to have a little more room on the homefront. Be safe. I always pray for our service men & women. Thanks for serving!! Hope the mrs. is doing well!! Keep us posted & always good to hear from you!!
                                                               Matt B.
Matt

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010 - 08:49:03 AM »
Hey Drew! 
Congrats on the pregnancy!  I bet you're getting excited for the big day.  Hopefully the C-section isn't because there's something too out of the ordinary.  Wish all the best to Mom and the new girl on her way!!!  Sounds like you've got a lot going on!  Where are you deploying to?  I'm in Iraq right now.  Will be for another month and a half. 

The car will be waiting for you when you have the time.  Take care of your priorities and all the rest will come in time!

Take care!
Sean

First of all, thank you gentlemen for serving and doing the job you both are doing.  :2thumbs:  :wavingflag:  :wavingflag:

And Sean spoke almost exactly what was on my mind while reading your post Drew. We have missed you and certainly hope all goes well with the pregnacy, in matters with family our cars must always take a back seat. Take care brother.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010 - 09:11:11 AM »
Best wishes on the pending birth of your baby & congratulations PAPA

Sound like you have a TON on your plate old man...don't even be thinking about us... TCOB
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010 - 10:09:05 AM »
Congrats to you and your family Drew!!!  :bananasmi

Sometimes the cars got to go on hold, I know that feeling sooo well. Don't let that get you down. Take care of you and the family first. The car will wait for you.

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010 - 01:06:47 PM »
Hey Drew! 

Take care!
Sean
Sean, Hope you are taking care of yourself while you are there. I am going to Al Udeid. Fun fun. We take our final test for this class tomorrow, then its back to work on Monday.

The C-section is just setting a date. Momma is a diabettic so they would more than likely have to do one anyway so we just scheduled it.

So far baby, Maile, is doing well. From the sonograms she has a head full of hair about an inch or so long.

To top off the fun that i am having, my wifes 04 explorer is broken so the challenger is our only mode of transportation right now. The harmonic balancer came apart and i cant get it off. I broke a puller yesterday because it was stuck on, so now i have another puller to try again today. The one I got to replace her balancer looks different but the wrecking yard said it will interchange despite the differences. we will see.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

I will check in when i can. talk to you all soon.

Drew

sleepychallenger

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010 - 09:41:34 PM »

So here is the latest. Maile (my daughter) was born on 1 April 2010 at 0728. Momma is doing well. Maile is in the neonatal intensive care unit because of rapid breathing issues. the today the EKG came back normal and she began eating. We will be leaving the hospital tomorrow and the doctor says that Maile should be well enough to leave on Monday. Will post more as updates come

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010 - 10:02:32 PM »
great to hear drew.   Oh yeah, babies dont eat at 3 days old.  they get milk.   I like utter juice too

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010 - 10:04:16 PM »
Glad it went well.  Congrats on the little one.

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010 - 10:13:19 PM »
Congrats! Give mom a gentle hug for us & post some baby pics when you can.  :thumbsup:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010 - 10:17:06 PM »
Good to hear Good News Drew.....Take care of the Family & post a pic. when your caught up.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010 - 10:31:05 PM »
Drew,

Congrats man, I hope your daughter is healthy an happy! You and your wife ae very lucky to be blessed with two childern.  Pass our best wishes to Mom from my family.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002