Author Topic: Spotted....69 Barracuda with original owner!  (Read 1231 times)

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
Spotted....69 Barracuda with original owner!
« on: March 18, 2010 - 09:50:52 PM »
Driving through Canyon park/ Bothell I spotted a 69 Barracuda triple light green being driven by a hunched up silver haired granny! The car was in absolutely spotless condition and apparently loved and garaged it's whole life.

I know,  :useless: but it happend so fast I had no time to get the camera phone operational :horse:

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: Spotted....69 Barracuda with original owner!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010 - 11:20:04 PM »
Back a few years ago there used to be a lil old lady that drove a beautiful i think was a 70 or 71 Pontiac GTO gold in color and a converible too  :drool: I'm sure shes has long passed on by now but i would love to know what ever happed to the car or where it went. It had to brought good  :money:   
Dennis,Ohio

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010 - 11:37:27 PM »
I will for sure drive down the street that I saw her turn onto in my Cuda, and see if I can spot her again :2thumbs:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010 - 08:25:25 AM »
 :dunno: I hate these kind of stories................just once why can't it be some young hottie driving Grannys car ?  I bet then you'd get that pic !   :roflsmiley:  Keep looking Granma will be out again to get her perscriptions etc.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010 - 10:49:52 PM »
On the very same road this morning (228th) in Canyon park I saw an old man driving a 64 Dodge with a 4 speed that sounded real beefy and I don't doubt that it was a 426 ramcharger under the hood.
This time I got some pics! Crappy pics, but still

:dunno: I hate these kind of stories................just once why can't it be some young hottie driving Grannys car ?  I bet then you'd get that pic !   :roflsmiley:  Keep looking Granma will be out again to get her perscriptions etc.  :2thumbs:
Watch it now,  :roflsmiley: my daughter is a teen "hottie" and she's gonna be driving the Challenger.  Hopfully no pics of her driving it show up on here  :smilielol:

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010 - 11:19:34 AM »
It's been a few years, but I once saw an old guy (like late 70's) dropping his wife off at the food mart.  He stayed in the car.  1968 Nova SS.  Badges said it was a 396 and I know it was a 4 speed.  I hope that I can do that when I am that age.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010 - 12:11:33 PM »
Alot of Grandma's won't let go of their grip on their old cars. Last week I saw an old lady in a white Ford Galaxy 500. It was immaculent. She told me she was the original owner.

Then there was the rumored Woody in a garage that slipped by me last week owned by an old lady.  :bricks1:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010 - 01:50:34 AM »
On greenwood and 85th, I saw another old lady driving a 69 camaro ss convertible. I had my hands full with the 4 speed, manual steer Cuda to get a picture of it. It too, was very clean and well cared for.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010 - 02:11:50 AM »
................just once why can't it be some young hottie driving Granny's car ?  I bet then you'd get that pic !   :roflsmiley:  ...

:iagree:  Those kinds of stories always seem to spark an interest. :2thumbs:

But that's really cool that you've seen old ladies driving some clean, old iron. :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin