Eastwood Sponsorship – Entitlements?

Author Topic: Eastwood Sponsorship – Entitlements?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline RB2929

Eastwood Sponsorship – Entitlements?
« on: March 20, 2010 - 07:57:08 PM »
A big welcome to Eastwood, and thank you for your sponsorship. :cheers:
Some of the C-C.Com member now have “sponsored by Eastwood,” that’s cool.
Can we post what the sponsorship provides to the members?
Maybe it’s already posted and I missed it. :clueless:

I’m glad to see that Bart “Dutch” is being sponsored. :clapping:
He’s doing such a wonderful job on his Cuda, even with many disadvantages going against him; Mailing costs from the U.S., no local auto stores that car 1970 Plymouth parts, etc.

And, no, I’m not asking for a sponsorship, my fish is done, except for some minor details.

Thanks again for the sponsorship.
Ron

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Eastwood Sponsorship – Entitlements?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010 - 09:23:39 PM »
I think anyone that posts a thread in this area is automatically sponsored by Eastwood by default.

:2thumbs:

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010 - 10:09:23 PM »
Does anyone know if Eastwood is going to be at Carlisle this year. I need to re-stock on alot of paint. They were not there last year...

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010 - 11:59:16 PM »
Can we post what the sponsorship provides to the members?
Maybe it’s already posted and I missed it. :clueless:
And, no, I’m not asking for a sponsorship, my fish is done, except for some minor details.

The sponsorhip provides us with 15% off when ordering Eastwood stuff, using the discount word "cuda" when ordering.

I guess I'm sposored by them too.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010 - 12:33:32 AM »
Eastwood is a forum sponsor.  If you want them to sponsor your car/project, I think you'll have to talk to them directly.   :smokin:    As a sponsor, they help support the site to offset the costs of it's care and feeding.  Forum's aren't free ya know.  In addition to ensuring our forum is long living, they offer us a 15% discount when we use the discount code ShelbyDogg mentioned above.

:cheers:
Sean

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010 - 05:53:01 AM »

I’m glad to see that Bart “Dutch” is being sponsored. :clapping:
He’s doing such a wonderful job on his Cuda, even with many disadvantages going against him; Mailing costs from the U.S., no local auto stores that car 1970 Plymouth parts, etc.

hey Ron,
I guess I`m sponsored when I order from eastwood, getting a discount,  but I don`t think that will happen due to shippingcosts  :faint:    I`m better off getting their products from a local dealer overhere....  :walkaway:
Good thing though they sponsor this board  :2thumbs:  but I think it won`t bring overseas members anything other than that ... 
I don`t really like the "sponsored by eastwood"  lines on top of every resto topic.... gives a pretty twisted few of what financing my project looks like in real life...  :misbehaving:   
*** Bart ***

Offline RB2929

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010 - 06:23:36 PM »
Hi All-
Thanks for setting me straight.  Even this topic now has a sponsorship stamp.  :cooldancing:

When I started this topic, I wrote the body several times.  I didn't want to come off as a leach, assuming that sponsored cars received special treatment (free products to use or test, etc).

Dutch, too bad, I was hoping for free shipping and handling for you.  :cheers:

Ron

Offline Eastwood Company

• Sponsor
    • Eastwood Company
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010 - 11:20:53 AM »
The sponsorship title in each thread is a webmaster thing. Please don't think we are trying to spam the boards with having our name on each thread title. As for the discount for overseas customers, the shipping costs and such we are bound by our shipping providers. For instance, chemicals have a base charge of something like $90 for shipping due to the hazmat legalities of shipping a chemical with that title. It is tough with the products and market we are in to give a comprehensive discount that works perfectly for everyone, but also keep in mind we are helping to keep this site alive and free for members by paying advertising costs each month. Hopefully we can help enrich this site be-it information, sales/discounts, or just financial backing, that keeps this site growing for years to come.   :horse:

-Matt
Please add our Facebook for the most current happenings here at Eastwood!
http://www.facebook.com/eastwoodcompany

Follow our blog for interesting restoration stories and DIY articles!
http://blog.eastwood.com/

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010 - 01:47:55 PM »
The sponsorship title in each thread is a webmaster thing. Please don't think we are trying to spam the boards with having our name on each thread title. As for the discount for overseas customers, the shipping costs and such we are bound by our shipping providers. For instance, chemicals have a base charge of something like $90 for shipping due to the hazmat legalities of shipping a chemical with that title. It is tough with the products and market we are in to give a comprehensive discount that works perfectly for everyone, but also keep in mind we are helping to keep this site alive and free for members by paying advertising costs each month. Hopefully we can help enrich this site be-it information, sales/discounts, or just financial backing, that keeps this site growing for years to come.   :horse:

-Matt

hey Matt,

please don`t get me wrong,  I`m really happy you guys help to keep this site alive & kickin`...  :2thumbs:  It`s just the suggestion of each project being sponsored by eastwood that creates confusion and bugs me as this topic shows.
As for shipping to overseas members,  I know the costs will always bite us... I don`t like it one bit,  but the alternative is restoring mercedes benz or something.....  :violin:
I hope you`re in for the long run, and be able to help lots of members...  :wave:
*** Bart ***

Offline Eastwood Company

• Sponsor
    • Eastwood Company
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010 - 02:31:42 PM »

hey Matt,

please don`t get me wrong,  I`m really happy you guys help to keep this site alive & kickin`...  :2thumbs:  It`s just the suggestion of each project being sponsored by eastwood that creates confusion and bugs me as this topic shows.
As for shipping to overseas members,  I know the costs will always bite us... I don`t like it one bit,  but the alternative is restoring mercedes benz or something.....  :violin:
I hope you`re in for the long run, and be able to help lots of members...  :wave:

I agree how the "sponsored by" on each thread is a bit mis-leading. I think it is something in how they have the site set up, We would have no problem with them removing that as we have our name enough places on the site we don't need it on everyone's threads
Please add our Facebook for the most current happenings here at Eastwood!
http://www.facebook.com/eastwoodcompany

Follow our blog for interesting restoration stories and DIY articles!
http://blog.eastwood.com/