Author Topic: rear leafspring questions  (Read 5060 times)

Offline TROUBLE987

rear leafspring questions
« on: March 22, 2010 - 01:16:49 AM »
I'm wanting to get a drop leaf spring for my car to keep the lower look and make it handle better,also I'm looking for the touring look with 17" or 18" wheels.what springs do you guys recommend? And I have the mopar offset shackles..Is the doctor diff offset kit have the same offset as the mopars?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: rear leafspring questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010 - 01:43:59 AM »
Mpars Offset mount requires a shorter A body leaf spring , the Dr Diff kit uses the longer stock spring , the Dr Diff kit also has to front mounts allowing the car to be lowered approx 1 "
not sure what to recommend for a leaf spring , Espo is probably one of the best to buy from

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010 - 03:14:15 AM »
Mpars Offset mount requires a shorter A body leaf spring , the Dr Diff kit uses the longer stock spring , the Dr Diff kit also has to front mounts allowing the car to be lowered approx 1 "
not sure what to recommend for a leaf spring , Espo is probably one of the best to buy from
yea i was aware of that..i guess i didnt make myself real clear what im asking is are spring perches going to have to be moved again with the doctor diff kit?or do they have the same offset on the brackets...thx for the help

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010 - 08:40:38 AM »
Mopar claims a .75 offset, Dr Diff claims 1.0 offset.  So you have to make up .125 difference per side. That is close enough that they may fit without relocating the spring perch

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010 - 04:00:02 PM »
Mopar claims a .75 offset, Dr Diff claims 1.0 offset.  So you have to make up .125 difference per side. That is close enough that they may fit without relocating the spring perch
thx for the info..i was starting to wounder if anybody on here knew i called the mopar tech guy and the joker never called me back..so all i have been getting is a busy tone..I trying to come up with something if i have to ill take the dang b-body rear out from under the car and put a e-body rear back under it and weld the new perches on it,i just wasnt wanting to cause i would have to swap my center section and put new bearing and everything in the e-body

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010 - 09:37:56 PM »
ESPO springs for a e-body i cant find them..i check springs and things and dont see anything.. ???

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010 - 09:59:20 PM »
They don't list them, to many options...you will have to call or email.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010 - 10:00:32 PM »
weird they used to have them
a flat spring will definatly corner better than an arced one

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010 - 04:09:21 PM »
OK INFO GODS!!!LOL..I was searching around for espo springs and seen alot of post on the springs having problems..whats the word..im looking to order all my stuff monday...thx

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010 - 06:24:55 PM »
I have Espo springs on my car. No problems at all. It definitely cured my sagging butt problem.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010 - 09:49:10 PM »
I gotta say, I've almost never seen anyone complain about espos.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010 - 09:54:59 PM »
OK INFO GODS!!!LOL..I was searching around for espo springs and seen alot of post on the springs having problems..whats the word..im looking to order all my stuff monday...thx
Where? What?...Never read a complaint that I recall, here anyways. ...Lots on MP HDs tho.
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010 - 11:45:10 PM »
Where? What?...Never read a complaint that I recall, here anyways. ...Lots on MP HDs tho.
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=14753.0;all  check it out!!!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010 - 12:15:32 AM »
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=14753.0;all  check it out!!!

Think I found the basis for their complaint on page #2
  "They probably copied the Eagle springs and by doing that they copied the problem of tail sagging too".
After reading the original post I was already thinking along these lines.. Here on CC.COM folks think there is something wrong with their OE springs because there is no arch...Didn't come with an arch.  As to the posters complaint that when he lets the air out of his shocks ....Ugh why does he have air shocks in the 1st place? So he drove the car a year with air jacking the rear & the springs flattened, doesn't ring right.... I don't doubt that there is some settling of a new spring in the first few weeks/months but I doubt any loose the amount the AMC guys claim. 
   I've read to many good reports on the Espo product to think they are not delivering a solid product....& they will custom build a spring to your specs, not something available everywhere.   

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010 - 12:18:20 AM by Bullitt- »
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010 - 12:20:56 AM »
well im ordering monday,so ill give it a try..im getting them,and dr diffs offset shackles,and new shocks