Author Topic: what do you guys think its worth ?  (Read 763 times)

Offline TROUBLE987

what do you guys think its worth ?
« on: March 23, 2010 - 08:18:11 PM »
I have a b-body rearend with a 749 center section i was told it was the suregrip but im not sure,it has the perches to fit under a e-body,its got about a 150 miles on it...oh it has 391 gears..im just woundering im looking at getting a stock lenth dana with 355 gears for the road,
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 - 08:32:45 PM by TROUBLE987 »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: what do you guys think its worth ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010 - 09:29:37 PM »
The 391'S are worth quite a bit by themselves if it has a sure grip, powerlock is worth more than cone. dana will have a 354 not 355.  The 8 3/4 will be harder to sell since the perches were moved out on them. Most want a B body rear and move the springs in. So now it doesnt fit a b body and some will not want the rear the way it is.   with axles and brakes the rear is around 100 to 150. The gears would be around 400 to 600 or so depending on shape.

Just my opinion tho, some may say more

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010 - 10:01:07 PM »
The 391'S are worth quite a bit by themselves if it has a sure grip, powerlock is worth more than cone. dana will have a 354 not 355.  The 8 3/4 will be harder to sell since the perches were moved out on them. Most want a B body rear and move the springs in. So now it doesnt fit a b body and some will not want the rear the way it is.   with axles and brakes the rear is around 100 to 150. The gears would be around 400 to 600 or so depending on shape.

Just my opinion tho, some may say more
[/quote no the rear still has the b-body perches on it i just put the perches i needed on it,and i did move my springs in.how do know if its a sure grip or what?

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010 - 12:20:10 PM »
I'm with Al. Regardless of two sets of perches or one. Anywhere from $500-$800 depending on the quality of the grip. If it's one legger, drop $300. Place the car in neutral (chock front wheels). Then you jack up one side of the car until the rear tire is off the ground and try to rotate that tire by hand. A Sure Grip will not allow the lifted wheel to spin. An open rear will spin as will the driveshaft.

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010 - 02:09:11 PM »
oh no im not saying its worth more cause it has both perches,i was just letting him know cause the way he wrote it made it sound like it want fit back under a b-body thats all..but the prices that yall are throwing around sounds about what i was thinking too,but im going to check the sure grip thing too so ill know..thx for the info guys

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010 - 04:57:21 PM »
I'm with Al. Regardless of two sets of perches or one. Anywhere from $500-$800 depending on the quality of the grip. If it's one legger, drop $300. Place the car in neutral (chock front wheels). Then you jack up one side of the car until the rear tire is off the ground and try to rotate that tire by hand. A Sure Grip will not allow the lifted wheel to spin. An open rear will spin as will the driveshaft.

Can you also jack up the entire rear end and spin the rear wheel...if the both spin the same direction it is a sure grip and if they spin opposite directions, one legger?
Jason

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010 - 05:46:05 PM »
Can you also jack up the entire rear end and spin the rear wheel...if the both spin the same direction it is a sure grip and if they spin opposite directions, one legger?

That is correct.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline TROUBLE987

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010 - 08:58:34 PM »
they both go forward and both go backwards at the sametime so its a suregrip,good deal guys i know when i stomp the gas it leave two perfect black marks as long as you want..mopar power baby... :bigsmile: