Author Topic: which hogrings to use and where to connect them?  (Read 699 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
which hogrings to use and where to connect them?
« on: March 25, 2010 - 08:00:58 PM »
I bought a seat cover set a while back and I am in the process of redoing my seats back to their original white. The seat covers that are on them right now are from an upholstery shop and there is no rhyme or reason to how they applied the rings. Some of them are actually hooked to the seat springs, at least on the rear seat. I got a set of hog ring pliers and rings but I might have bought the wrong size, they are H3. There are a smaller size at the store but I dont remember what the designation is.
I need to know where to clamp the cover on the frame and which size of hog ring. I am going to reuse the rear seat foam because its in good shape but I have a feeling the front foams will be trashed. Thanks for any info you guys can provide.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
Re: which hogrings to use and where to connect them?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010 - 07:02:07 AM »
I use stainless ones.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010 - 10:43:47 AM »
If i recall, when i did mine, the original hog rings didnt seem to have any pattern or reason to where they were hooked onto. I'm sure something like that is going to differ by what guy was on the line that day in 197X when your car was made. I used the hog rings from year one.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010 - 06:45:24 PM »
They actually have holes in the seat frame, at least the rear bottom. The seat covers had holes that corresponded with the holes in the frame so that confirmed that I was doing it right. The thing about it is you have to stretch it so tight that it seems impossible to put it where it needs to go. Once you get it going your way its a lot easier. I am going to wait on new front foams before doing the front seats.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*