Author Topic: Superstocks - which side...PICS  (Read 5061 times)

nivvy

Re: Superstocks - which side...PICS
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004 - 01:25:39 AM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 2000gt

Re: Superstocks - which side...PICS UPDATE FROM MANCINI
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004 - 10:44:03 PM »
Just thought I would post this for your info. (especially for 8 pack who is running the same setup)  When the confusion about which part number spring goes on which side came up in this thread I e-mailed Mancini's for an answer (not that I don't trust you guys but at that point there were still some discrepancies and I knew that generaly even numbered part #'s go on the right even though the catalogues said otherwise in this case)  Mancini's was as confused as me but finally got it figured out and I got this response today:

Tyler,
    It looked strange, so I called Mopar. The springs you have do not follow the common rule of Mopar springs, it is opposite.
The p4120865 goes on the right side of the car; which is the passenger side.
The p4120866 goes on the left side; which is the drivers side.
    So the way you have explained that you have it is correct. 866 on the drivers, and 865 on the passengers.
The car will sit higher, until some weight and driving time to settle have been put on the vehicle. Usually the S/S springs will raise the car 2" above a stock height (with your choice of spring) an 1" ot 1.5" is more likely. And the pass will be a bit higher to compensate for the right front raising during a hard launch.
    There we go. Now it is in stone.
Thanks Again, and sorry for any confusion,
Art Cowan

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Superstocks - which side...PICS
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004 - 01:04:32 AM »
Thanks
 Mopar should keep the # standard to eliminate confusion !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t