Author Topic: Im already getting bored with the stroker, may go 318  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Im already getting bored with the stroker, may go 318
« on: April 02, 2010 - 08:49:25 AM »
It's gotta be me.  I love to tinker.  I got this certain car I cant hack up due to its certain type, so I continuously keep bolting things up and install all kinds of fun things to it.  I need another body so I can just keep building it big faster better stronger.  You know how all of us guys think......

The car came with a 318 / 4 speed.  So I think I will build the 318 asap and start putting it back to what is was, and find another body to install all the fun stuff on.  Im ready to go 9's in a barrauda. This car will never see that.

I have a couple of friends cars that I am going to be tinkering with for a bit, so that will keep me busy for a bit, But it looks like a flat hood, 14 inch tire, single exhaust is on my list now of things to do. And I have to hold back the temptation to build the 318 with more power. Such a simple task is going to be hard to achieve. If I don't stop soon, it will end up ruining a really good car.  So I have to learn some self control here and start finding another 70-74 body to hack up and go fast in.....What a challenge.

If I could find a collector that is looking for a car like mine, I might consider a swap or selling it to do what I wanna do.  Mind you a 318/4 speed car isnt really rare, it's the other stuff that came with this car that makes it to where im loosing interest in it since I can't stretch out but so far with it.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Im already getting bored with the stroker, may go 318
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010 - 08:54:54 AM »
For real, Alan?  April Fool's was yesterday....  :grinyes:

Sounds like an interesting idea... for some reason I'm thinking you'll end up with a 400hp 318 knowing you....  :roflsmiley:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010 - 09:22:12 AM »
Build/ruin it up! I certainly don't plan anything I do on my car in the future to be based off whom may get it next. Do what you please!  :crazy:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010 - 09:37:43 AM »
Gordon's a big M46 fan and he'd be interested in building it into his dream car fore sure  :bigsmile:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010 - 03:26:14 PM »
Yeah, Im going to find another body and install all this hot rod stuff into.  I cant cut parts out of this car, tub it or whatever. It has all the original panels in it.  I've built dream cars  haha, I will build a street car.  Something is out there for me to tear up and not worry about.  I know it's just a car, but this car is a bit off the regular track and very few of them left in this shape. Soooooooooo

:burnout:   in a different car,  but for now, Im roastin the tires and have the add ons for a little longer.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010 - 03:37:46 PM »
Alan, post it up on ebay with listed with a 318 and see what it will bring, set the reserve so high nobody can get it and then you will know what the market is for your car.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010 - 05:25:48 PM »
 :bananasmi  Im going for a spin in it in a few minutes.  A big car show/swap meet would be a better place than ebay for my car.  Most dont even know what they are seeing to begin with.   I got time, so gonna have some fun still.  I did think about installing the dana and a 727 in your car next month. To kinda get you going. And then putting my 8 3/4 back in mine. I have 410 gears for it and can install some 323's if I decided to cruise in it to carlisle. Yer gettin a dana anyways :2thumbs:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010 - 05:57:16 PM »
You should keep the Barracuda and locate a cheap A-body for slammin all that go fast stuff in,there are some nice deals out there right now.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010 - 07:16:35 PM »
Alan, I have always wanted a M46 car to keep just as stock as possible.

If my house sells over the summer I would be interested.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010 - 07:37:21 PM »
Barry, You will be first offer, and Im not planning on just getting rid of it as of right now as it is.  I have just about everything the car came with. I need a 4 spd 70 sm blk rad, 70 sb manifolds, an air cleaner, unbolt all the add ons I have installed.  I need to put the grill chrome back in, I got red bars in there now. I also need to pull 1 radio speaker. I have 2 in back and one in front. It only came with 2.  Greg Ward lives up the road and said he would tune up the am radio for me. The stock leaf springs and rear end is under cover in a shed. But for the most part it swaps back in a weekend.  No holes were drilled in the car, and everything is how it was.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010 - 07:52:04 PM »

Good to know, thanks. :thumbsup: Hopefully I have the money if you do decide to let it go.

It would be fun to visit with Greg a while if I ever make it down that way too.

I am still hoping to see an M46 car restored or all original before I die. It seems strange that I have not seen one in person yet, not even a beater.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010 - 11:36:43 PM »
    :pullinghair:    :banghead:    Build the A-bod racy machine... You think to much
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010 - 07:29:35 AM »
Build/ruin it up! I certainly don't plan anything I do on my car in the future to be based off whom may get it next. Do what you please!  :crazy:
:feedback: Can't say it any better!
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010 - 09:43:16 AM »
Alan, I feel the same way about my 318/904 A78 car.

:walkaway: Maybe it was luck we found our cars, but it also ties your hands.....  :swaying:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100