Author Topic: aftermarket seats..what do you have?  (Read 1244 times)

Offline challngd73

aftermarket seats..what do you have?
« on: April 02, 2010 - 07:35:38 PM »
Ok, I am looking to get some aftermarket leather buckets(simulated or whatever), I want something that will be relatively easy and bolt in.  Is that just a dream?  My buddy offered up some 2002 Mitsu eclipse seats.  they are nice, but too much fab work for me.  What do you guys have and what did it entail to put them in.  pics welcome of course.  thanks.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: aftermarket seats..what do you have?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010 - 10:03:05 PM »
you can use the stock slider rails & just bolt on an alum plate to adapt to the different bolt pattern assuming the bottom of the seat is level  which it usually is

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline challngd73

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010 - 10:36:06 PM »
you can use the stock slider rails & just bolt on an alum plate to adapt to the different bolt pattern assuming the bottom of the seat is level  which it usually is
yeah the eclipse seats have a round hump where you sit...in the direction of the floor boards.  looks like the seat headrest will be kissing the headliner..

Offline dandsgcuda

• almost there
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010 - 05:05:34 PM »
I picked these up at a swap meet a couple of years ago.They are acura either an integra or rsx  .Cut the factory mounts off welded tabs on to fit the factory seat mounting holes so I didn't have to drill new holes in the floorboards.They do sit a little higher but I am using a 14 1/2" aftermarket steering wheel which helps give a little clearance.The factory seatbelts would'nt work  and were rotten so I bought some simple lap belts from a E-Bay seller for a street rod.They are way more comfortable and will recline.

Offline challngd73

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010 - 05:45:21 PM »
I like those.  nice work.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010 - 06:21:32 PM »
I`m leaning towards bmw e36  3series  convertible  seats.  they include seat belts
*** Bart ***

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010 - 10:48:30 AM »
dandsgcuda,

I like the console too.   
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0