What is wrong with me???

Author Topic: What is wrong with me???  (Read 2045 times)

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
What is wrong with me???
« on: April 05, 2010 - 09:55:20 PM »
After 3 years of owning my Cuda (which I concidered my dream car) I am fighting urges to sell it to buy my other dream car, a Ferrari 308/328. Its seems I have a short attention span as I have let go of other cars in the past that I regret letting go of. Please talk some since into me!!! Right now I am tring to get remotivated by working on the car and getting things done that I have put off. :pullinghair:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
Re: What is wrong with me???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010 - 10:10:38 PM »
Your right. My last trip to the track last summer got my blood boiling and I was gung ho! I know with the twins coming its going to be near impossible to go back to the track for quite a while. I'm also going to take to car to my shop and keep it there so that I can get some things done on it. Sitting underneath a cover in my garage here at home is not helping my motivation.
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010 - 10:49:23 PM »
How about a $7K oil change and tune up, or a $15K clutch job?  That's about the going rate for repairs on those puppies.  My brother just picked up a '95 348, and he's about $10K into it for "routine" maintenance, and has owned it for about 3 months.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010 - 01:06:00 AM »
you will be disappointed with the 308/328 , Hang on to the Cuda it is a better car

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010 - 08:32:51 AM »
How about a $7K oil change and tune up, or a $15K clutch job?  That's about the going rate for repairs on those puppies.  My brother just picked up a '95 348, and he's about $10K into it for "routine" maintenance, and has owned it for about 3 months.

I was going to mention that too. Before you make the plunge, look at the service requirements for the Ferrari and what its cost of ownership will be for you. In the realm of Italian exotics, the 308 really isn't that great of a performer, yet has the same high maintanence price tag. Granted you can buy them for less than a 6 pack Cuda, but the Plymouth will/can deliver more overall performance.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010 - 08:33:39 AM »
Why are we having this conversation, the Cuda is a far better car that you and your family will enjoy.   :burnout:
The Ferrari is a fun car to drive but really is only for kids or spoilt rich kids.   :grinyes:
Where will you put the twins, you will very soon want something more and more and more etc., when you come back to earth you will again regret the Cudas passing.   :faint:
 If you have to, go hire one for a day, cost less in the long run.   :2thumbs: 
Dave

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010 - 09:06:05 AM »
I'm sure at times I wear thin with some people on the topic of Mopars vs. brand X stuff. We are all different and have different taste when it come to cars. Mopars may get beat at times going down the strip, they seldom get the recognition they deserve at car shows,............soooooooooo what?  Unlike Jason I was raised in a GM family (Pontiacts), but from the early teen years when cars began to be more than transportation to me it was, and still is Mopar........Top shelf always!, and still is today. I have no desire to have any other car, classic or new, hell there were a few years when I drove an Omni  :roflsmiley:  Hey, it got me to work and back home for quite a few years with little expense and even less maintainace. Beleive it or not, I traded a brand new (less than a year old) king size water bed for it, the bed wouldn't fit in the appartment we moved too  :dunno:  So even though I can't understand the "ill logical desire"  :roflsmiley: for some other brand of cars by some, that is just me, just blow off my   :2cents:  but ya never will make me understand.  :roflsmiley:  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010 - 09:13:27 AM »
Man leave the Ferrari's to the rich guys....Better yet get to know a rich guy with a Ferrari that will let you drive it...Maybe he'll have a guest house you can stay in & look after his stuff while he's gone....Could be on a nice Pacific island....But he'd probably have some stuffed shirt looking over your shoulder all the time... Naa Keep the Cuda, not worth it. 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010 - 11:36:22 AM »
I guess it be a drag to go from a low 11 second car to a 15 second sports car. I am a mechanic by trade, own a repair shop and have a few Ferrari customers so the maintance part does not scare me. I'm here to tell you that so called Ferrari shops rip their customers a new one when in fact these car are somewhat easy to work on. That being said I have settled back down and started thinking realistically. Besides the few Ferrari events that I have been to the owners all seem like jerks and think their Ferrari is better than the next. That would be especially true for a 308 as it is concidered an "entry level" Ferrari.

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010 - 12:30:45 PM »
Of course, there are the people at the track (Drag) that will think that a low 11 second Cuda is a "Lowly entry level" Cuda....

These people own Ferrari's For a reason, the SAME reason they look down on the next guys whatever...They are insecure people to begin with....The Car is just an extension of that....
I'd MUCH rather shoot the breeze with a "Lowly Cuda guy" than a rich, snobby, as*holish, Arrogant, Uppity, Ferrari guy...

Just like I told the kid when all his little croney buddies begin in on him about his What they call a "Hoopty, Busted, old car"...
Sure there are faster cars out there, but they all seem to go with the Lotus, Ferrari, Lambo, BMW M3(Whatever that is), Croud, like ANY of them in HS ever will have a chance at owning ANY of the cars they so covet...I tell him, "Look son, all you need to say is I own a car that was built when my Mother was born and I have nothing to proove. Because unlike the rest of you, I can walk out to the parking lot and TOUCH MY CAR"......Keep the Cuda...It's WAY cooler than a Ferrari
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 - 12:33:17 PM by Cooter »
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010 - 01:34:43 PM »
so,  you know there is something wrong with you,  you know you`ve regretted selling other cars, and this cuda is your dreamcar.... and so is the ferrari....  You know what you own now and you could go flat on the face with a ferrari.  my advice:  keep and enjoy the Cuda  and go get pizza if you want italian.   :drool:  :2thumbs:  :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline burnt orange

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010 - 02:04:12 PM »
You need three 308's. 

One you drive.
One is in your garage at home so you have something to drive when the first breaks down.
The third one is in the shop being repaired by Tony - an Italian "Soup Nazi" kind of guy who only work$ when he feels like it!
< ° ) ) >< 

Offline matt63

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010 - 02:31:44 PM »
I would save up for a 355.  :)
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold