Author Topic: Crank Pulley  (Read 570 times)

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
Crank Pulley
« on: April 06, 2010 - 02:48:17 PM »
I have been trying to get my crank pulley on and the holes do not line up perfectly.  No matter what, I always have 1 hole that is just a little off, spin it and there are more off.  So I thought that my pulley was wrong and went and put it to another harmonic balancer, from a cast crank.  The same problems, could not get all the holes to line up.  Then I went and pulled one off of a 383.  Same problem as before, I can never get all 6 to line up.  Is it the balancer, has anyone ever used Professional Products harmonic dampners?  Is it only Dodge that has 6 bolt pulleys?  Am I supposed to elongate one of the holes on the pulley?  It does not seem correct.  Any advise?  Thanks!
Jason

Offline dodge freak 2

Re: Crank Pulley
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010 - 03:26:32 PM »
Professional Products??

Isn't that made in China? Can you find another balancer and try it?

Offline mojavered

• Someday!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010 - 03:49:27 PM »
Not sure.  I just looked on their website and they do not say anything about where product is made.  I did however find that in their instruction notes, they say that you will need to elongate one hole to make it fit.  Kind of screwy.  So on one of my pulleys, I filed away about 1/16 and now it is on there.  Should not have any issues with it.
Jason

Offline dodge freak 2

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010 - 04:04:22 PM »
1/16 isn't much, how things go sometimes

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010 - 04:28:42 PM »
I would just elongate 1 hole to make it work , there are 2 bolt patterns for the stock mOpar big blocks , 1 is evenly spaced 6 bolt & the other hes one hole offset

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t