Author Topic: 71 Cuda has come home!  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
Re: 71 Cuda has come home!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004 - 03:42:43 PM »
Plum6pak, we had an awesome time as well, next time I am through that area lets get together again.

I do prefer the 71 above all other years, but my 72 is super nice being a super low mileage car and my dream car is a 71 convert hemi. what I have decided was since I would have to clone the 71 hemi conv anyways, then I need to start looking for a convert. if worse comes to worse I can clone my 72 coupe into a 71 convert and nobody would care. but if I did it to this 71 then it would be one more clone out there instead of a 100 percent restore. So the deal I have with my wife is this. If we ever can save up too or if some of our investments ever come in then I can buy the 71 convert hemi clone. Infact I even intertained the thought of selling my 72 as well and invest all of the money and try to turn a big profit to get what I really want. still might do it too, just have to get the gonads first.

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004 - 04:26:22 PM »
that looks like an awesome find there Burpin. id give my left gonad for that car but i dont think that would get you any closer to what you want lol
70 Barracuda

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004 - 04:46:31 PM »
god, I wish I could take that Cuda off your hands for you but I wouldn't be able to keep it original either.  I would still keep both if I were you.  Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.  Glad you made it home safe. 

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004 - 05:45:49 PM »
Burpin, that car looks awesome!!!  It's a shame you can't keep that and another car, but your decision is understandable.  We'll hope you get top dollar for it on eBay and best of luck with your decision about your ultimate search for a '71 convert. to clone.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline budrinker

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2004 - 06:09:29 PM »
damn

lemonboy69

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004 - 07:19:13 PM »

Don't Ebay it... CC.com club project!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Party at Burpin's!!!

LB

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004 - 08:26:57 PM »
Don't eBay it!!

Come down off of the $15,000 and we'll talk!

PLEASE!!! ;D

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004 - 08:35:41 PM »

Don't Ebay it... CC.com club project!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Party at Burpin's!!!

LB

im with LB on this one  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D
70 Barracuda

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:17:27 PM »
How in the world did you find that car?????
Must have goten it cheap to just flip it on ebay. I would hold on that car for a while if it were me. It will never loose value.... Is it a grand coupe??? Well yah gotta do what yah gotta do. gL with it.

Offline Burpin Chunks

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:40:08 PM »
Yes it is a Gran Coupe 383 2bb,Auto, A/C, pwr brake and steering. 1 owner car, build sheet and owners manuel included, all numbers matching. Everything that makes one of these cars worth some money. There was this guy that goes to my church. he is from idaho. he saw my cuda and was telling about this cuda. he said he maybe willing to sell it. so I called him. he said he had never really thought about selling it but would think about it. I called him back a week later and he said he will send me some pics and check into how much it is worth. naturally I said to myself there is the end to that. but he never sent the pics. so I thought he changed his mind. a few weeks went by and I decided to call him again. he said he sent the pics so he resent them. at that time I asked how much he was wanting for the car. and he said 4500 too 5500. so we settled on 5k. I know it probably isnt smart to tell everyone what I paid since I am reselling it but what the hell, if someone wants this all numbers matching build sheet owner manuel one owner car they will pay for it no matter what I paid. so thats the story. I wish I had enough funds to pass it to anyone of you great guys for a cheap price but I do have to get the most for this car. and since so many of you have showed interest in it I think it is best to put it on Ebay and let it go to the highest bidder. 

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:42:57 PM »
Why don't these kind of deals ever fall into my lap??  Burpin...you're a blessed man!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Burpin Chunks

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:47:19 PM »
Rev, I couldnt agree more. I do consider this an answer to my prayers. I take care of my aging parents and being self employeed with the economy the way it is things have been real tight.

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2004 - 11:23:53 PM »
ALL I"VE GOT TO SAY IS YOU SUCK.............. :P
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004 - 11:24:29 PM »
naw just kiddin...i'm just extreamly jealous of you.... :'(
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004 - 11:29:34 PM »
So it's all about money!!  Thats cool!  I can relate to that!!!  Business is business . . . . hope it works for ya!!  Sounds like it probably will!!  ;D