I won, I won

Author Topic: I won, I won  (Read 2373 times)

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
I won, I won
« on: April 08, 2010 - 10:29:03 PM »
 :bananasmi  :bananasmi  :bananasmi

300,000 Great Britan Pounds and a new Puegote....... :ylsuper:  :ylsuper:

I got this email today.....do you think I should respond?    :dunno:

This is to inform you that your Email address has just won you the sum of£300,000.00 GBP (Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and the new2008 model Peugeot 407 Car,From the International online email lotteryprograms held today in London, United Kingdom. To begin the processing ofyour prize you are to contact the remittance department with the emailaddress provided below through our accredited Prize Transfer agents asstated below:

Or is this some kind of SCAM?    :sleeping:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline troutstreamnm

Re: I won, I won
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010 - 10:38:18 PM »
LOL... I would send all your credit card info an personal data right away!  Don't let this slip through your fingers  :roflsmiley:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010 - 10:49:11 PM »
I always respond to these with my personal info:

Mr. Uri Dick
123 Usuk Blvd
Bigballs, NY 12345

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010 - 10:55:56 PM »
I always respond to these with my personal info:

Mr. Uri Dick
123 Usuk Blvd
Bigballs, NY 12345

That's great..... :smilielol:  :smilielol:

I like how I won a NEW 2008 Puegeot.......in 2010.... :clueless:

Did it take two years for the email to arrive, or am I an some kind of timewarp.  :dunno:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010 - 03:50:56 AM »
you don`t want a new peugeot... no 2008 either...  :2cents:
*** Bart ***

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010 - 08:36:41 AM »
I got a phone call once that I won one of 3 $$$$ prizes from a place that sold time shares . I had to show up with 2 forms of ID to claim my prize . They said to bring a credit card and my ck book for ID . I'd been drinking most of that day so I played along yelling OH BOY ! I never win . I'm so lucky and so on . Even drunk I could tell what a rip off it was . I told them I'd be there and of course never showed up . :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010 - 12:41:13 PM »
We won a free 4 night stay in any resort that this company sold, all we had to do was sit through a presentation about time shares. I figured it would be alright, and people I know have gotten free stuff just for sitting through the presentation. They did the whole trying to sell us time share thing. They actually had a really good idea. They sold them by time, instead of by one place for a certain couple of weeks a year or whatever. So you could buy weeks of time, and then use them at any of their places. But anyway, we sat through it and didn't buy anything. Then they proceeded to do the whole "We have some that other clients let go of, and you can buy them for way cheaper then the regular ones!" OK, why didn't you just come out and say that in the beginning? "No thanks.". Then another guy comes up and says "We just got this one in, and it's only 25% of the original ones, just for you! Can you afford that?" LOL. Sure, I bet I'm just the lucky guy that gets a chance at this outstanding offer!

When we left the presentation to get our Hotel vouchers (which were for a 5 star hotel in Waikiki beach, so at least they were honest about that) I told the lady "You should tell your presentation guys that they really need to work on their surprised looks." She said "what do you mean?" I told her "When the one guy comes up and says 'We have a special offer, just for you, that just came up' and he tells us the offer, and our guy gets a surprised look on his face, his surprised look was incredibly fake. I'm not stupid ma'am. I know they give the exact same offer to everyone who doesn't buy into the original offer." She just looked at me. I thought it was hilarious!
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010 - 01:58:17 PM »
Yesterday I won 300,000 USD. But I still need to pay 94.00 for the Fed Ex package before I get it.

For real I really did win something years ago. Back in the early 90's, I filled out a Fosters Beer America Cup race form I got at a liquor store. A few weeks later, I received a call. I won 2 round trip tickets to San Diego, a gorgeous hotel suite on the yacht harbor at Mission Islandia, hats, T shirts, 400 cash and a trip to watch the America Cup race on a 40 ft. Hobie Yacht owned by Phillip Morrison named the Mantis.

Everybody got sea sick on the boat that day cept me and the crew. So they made us come in early. I was just getting warmed up out there.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010 - 08:21:02 PM »
You have to get a little bit suspicious when you win competitions you don't enter.   :bigsmile:
I went to a time share presentation but only after they promised a fuel voucher as it was 100 miles away. When they did their speel they had music going on in the back ground which I asked on several occasions to be turned off, my wife and I agreed that we were not going to buy before we went. Towards the end we had a desire to buy, I knew that the music had some sort of message in it that is why I kept asking for it to be turned off. People started popping up and signing, fortunately we didn't, they tried the discount thing as well and even doubling the time available as we were "Special Customers", they even gave us an extra voucher for a meal at the local restaurant when we led them on to thinking that we were going to buy.
At the restaurant the sales people were their later and we over heard them saying that they "conned" more that day than they thought they would, but were disappointed as they thought they had us, when they saw us sitting near by they shut up.   :roflsmiley:   :woohoo:
We had a pleasant drive and country meal all payed for by them.   :cheers:
Dave

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010 - 10:53:32 PM »
Even little puppies are used to scam. I got this today.

Hello,

How are you today? I hope this e-mail reaches you in a good mood. My name is
Jacqueline Jones and I am a consultant gynecologist surgeon and oncologist
doctor, I work for different prominent hospital and me and my husband are giving
out this little puppy for free (Adoption), This little girl weighs 1.3Lbs at 9
weeks old & should be 3Lbs when full grown only. She is very friendly with
children she fit in both Palm of your hands. She is AKC/CERF registered puppy
.Adorable and sociable with great Personalities and very good bloodlines.

She is vet-checked, up to date on shots and deforming, and her health is
guaranteed. She was recently checked by a licensed Vet Doctor for heart, knees,
skin, correct bite, and eyes problems and there no sign of any problem. Bottom
and straight sides are tender, she is A.K.C and CERF registered and shots are
given up to date.

She will come along with Travel crate, AKC/CERF Registered Papers, Toys and Food
with her  Birth Certificate, I used to reside in California with my husband but
after my son's death, I and my husband moved to Africa due to our work and we
have the puppy right here with us. The Yorkie is for free. You have to promise
me that you will take good care of her as she will be a New family member,
please if you are not going to take good care of the puppy, do not reply but if
you are going to take good care of her kindly reply for more details about her.
I await your urgent Response.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010 - 11:11:14 PM by Topcat »
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010 - 11:00:45 PM »
I love the grammar from a supposed "gynecologist surgeon and oncologist". That's like those ones you always get that say "You won a $1000 Best But gift card" and then the next email says "You won a $1000 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card" and so on....
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010 - 06:46:24 AM »
I have to admit those time share guys have it down to a science.  My wife and I went to 1 in Orlando.  Before hand we both agreed we would not encourage them, just sit through the minimum and leave.  About 1/2 through my wife looks over at me and says, "could we afford this".  Oh crap, that cost us an extra 1/2hr.  When I asked her later what happened to our agreement, she said it sounded so good and the sales guy was so nice.

Oh well, for 2.5hrs of pain we got 2 nights at the hotel and dinner for free.  It's unbelieveable how many people buy.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010 - 06:54:12 PM »
 :eek2: me and the lil wifey aslo went to one of these time share deals.get this,we had our newborn son along and basically went to get a free digital camera,they tried and tried to get us to buy and like above from a member,wife goe's what do ya think hon.  :pullinghair: same thing sat for another have hour and finally said to him give me my free camera and i'm leaving.ended giving us two and a nights stay at a hotel.  :lol: they could of gave us 10 camera's for what they were giving out.a plastic piece of crap that i don't think we ever even tried out.we actually got a good laugh out of it though.  :D
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline RB2929

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010 - 07:23:10 PM »
South Park has a good episode on time shares  :poopoke: :smilielol:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010 - 07:26:23 PM »
My wife and I have done several of the time share things for such things as $50.00 bucks cash, dinner and hotels. We never buy nor lead them along, but it seems like we are the last ones there as they try the "hard sell". I had one guy ask why the poker face? He just couldn't read thru the stone face, but everytime he turned around I made goo-goo eyes at him and had my wife in stitches!!  :roflsmiley:What gets me is I usually tell them up front I am practically bankrupt and have no intention of buying anything, that I am just there for the "prize". I think it makes them try all the harder to make the sell!! All that effort and all they get from me is a stone face!! :smilielol:

Matt B.
Matt