Author Topic: What size disc rotor ?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline vpittman

What size disc rotor ?
« on: April 09, 2010 - 02:16:26 PM »
I've got a '73 cuda, gonna make it a daily diver, but still with a bit of performance. It currently has disc front and drum rear brakes with 14" wheels. I want to upgrade the rear to disc and rebuild the front.  The suspension is shot so I have to replace all that anyway, and since I'm under there...

If I go with 15" wheels, what size front and rear disc rotors should I go with ? Any suggestions on what brand ?

Thanks !

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: What size disc rotor ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010 - 04:04:10 PM »
Upgrade the fronts to the larger rotors.  I question why people put discs on the rear, it does look cool, but that's a lot of money.

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010 - 04:45:44 PM »
Upgrade the fronts to the larger rotors.  I question why people put discs on the rear, it does look cool, but that's a lot of money.

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html
[/quote

I have those brakes on the nose of mine. They work out alright. As far as rear discs, I will be doing that to mine for the cool factor. they work a bit better, and are less likely to lockup in moderate/hard braking like drums. Also they'd look killer behind my 18s
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010 - 05:14:02 PM »
I would think the money is better spent going to larger discs on the front.  I bet the rear discs aren't needed until you go to at least 13 or 14" discs up front.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010 - 06:50:55 PM by Katfish »