Author Topic: NFL Watch  (Read 2816 times)

sleepychallenger

NFL Watch
« on: April 10, 2010 - 10:54:59 AM »
Dont know how many of you have been tracking the NFL in the off season, seems like I have to check it atleast once a day.

With all the Restricted Free Agent moves and the upcoming draft... I thought it would be interesting to see how the rest of your teams are doing in your opinions...

KC is finally working up that front offensive line to protect Cassel. Hopefully it will work. With the addition of a new WR (Urban) and RB (Jones) I think we may really be a contender this year.

All and all I think that the Lions have made the most moves adding people to the team.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: NFL Watch
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010 - 09:17:15 PM »
I cannot believe that Jerry Jones didnt take advantage of the non salary cap year to lock in some key players and to fill other key spots in the free agent market. That guy just always seems to make bad decisions.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010 - 09:31:23 PM »
With Hockey season in full gear and baseball just getting started, I haven't followed any football moves outside the McNabb trade.  I will however, attend my first Philadelphia Eagles Draft Day this year.  Should be interesting.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010 - 11:50:33 PM »
Anyone watch the draft tonight! KC took Eric Berry! Here we go

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010 - 01:31:44 PM »
 :pullinghair: YUP,stayed up late last night for the vikings to pick #30.detroit trades up to take that pick so vikings never did pick last night. :pullinghair:  :banghead: they have the second pick today and i think there going after QB clausen,may be a good fit for him to learn under brett favre.they were going to pick a CB but they picked up lito shepard from the jets on thursday so that filled that void.the draft last night was worth watching and very interesting.the so called experts sure couldn't pick right except for the first few.  :lol: stay tuned tonight again.  :thumbsup:

:cheers: reminder to myself.pick up more beer.,,,,,    :naughty:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline challngd73

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010 - 02:03:48 PM »
I am please with the Falocns taking Weatherspoon.  Good pick for sure.  Side not...what are the Broncos thinking taking Tebow in the first round?!  You just traded for a 25 year old 1st round QB in Quinn....I dunno..

sleepychallenger

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010 - 02:15:20 PM »
I am please with the Falocns taking Weatherspoon.  Good pick for sure.  Side not...what are the Broncos thinking taking Tebow in the first round?!  You just traded for a 25 year old 1st round QB in Quinn....I dunno..
i was thinking the same thing. seems like a waste of a pick especially seeing as to the two players they lost recently...  :banghead:

Offline dixiedog

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010 - 02:30:44 PM »
My son called me and told me KC got Eric Berry, good for them.  I am from NE Tenn and we are big UT fans.  Jason Whitten with the Cowboys came from within 10 miles of where I live.  He is married to my Dentists daughter.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010 - 02:42:41 PM »
I think that KC will do much better this year. We picked up quite a bit of protection for Cassel to have some more time and now with Berry we are improving on defense.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010 - 03:44:16 PM »
Yeah the Broncos trading up for Tebow was the surprise to me. He's a hard nosed guy that gives you everything he has...But can he cut it in the NFL? That seems like a big risk to take on a #1 draft pick.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010 - 04:14:19 PM »
 :screwy: What mike,no ribbing me on my VIKINGS.  :stirpot:  :naughty:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010 - 06:02:29 PM »
:screwy: What mike,no ribbing me on my VIKINGS.  :stirpot:  :naughty:

The only thing I can rib you about is wasting your time watching it.    :poopoke:  Seriously, half the first round pics will be busts or under-achievers regardless of what the experts say. Look at how well Jamarcus Russell has done out there in Oakland after being #1 overall.    :eek7:  Anyway, I hear the Vikes still covet some 40 year old guy to be their quarterback.    :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RB2929

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010 - 11:17:44 PM »
I'm a bit behind.  Who was round one first pick?
well, As long as I'm Asking, who were the top ten picks? :poopoke:

Offline challngd73

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010 - 01:07:34 AM »
Yeah the Broncos trading up for Tebow was the surprise to me. He's a hard nosed guy that gives you everything he has...But can he cut it in the NFL? That seems like a big risk to take on a #1 draft pick.
exactly.  as soon as you spent a first rounder on him, you just crowned him your future.  His mechanics just dont translate well to the next level.  seems like a nice kid who is a hard worker for sure.  hope he does well, but when is the last florida QB who has done anything of note..

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010 - 08:47:34 AM »
I hear the Vikes still covet some 40 year old guy to be their quarterback.    :lol:

Bret evidently has privitely told them he will come back, but it won't be publically reported until such time he dosen't have to breathe sweaty spring training air or socialize with "underlings". Sorry, the guy has become a jerk, all his talents, skills, and records have been soiled as far as I'm concerned. Vikes should have picked Clausen,  :2cents:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger