What we all got done last week - up to 10/3

Author Topic: What we all got done last week - up to 10/3  (Read 3052 times)

RedLine

« Last Edit: October 03, 2004 - 11:51:01 PM by RedLine »

RedLine

Re: What we all got done last week - up to 10/3
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:13:46 PM »
OK- we'll start.  we didnt have much time, but we kept our focus on the interior.  We uncovered the back seats, de-rustified the frames, painted and covered them with the skins from Legendary.  Top left- the rotting original....  next two- reconditioning (keeping most of the padding) and going hog-ring wild!  :o :o (SORRY! had to say that.)  ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004 - 10:16:44 PM by RedLine »

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:18:26 PM »
That's awesome Chris!!! 8) 8)  How'd it go with recovering them?  I was planning on doing my own, but the level of difficulty sounded a little too far out of my range.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

RedLine

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:19:12 PM »
Some pics of them covered...   and- though we know we'll have take them back out for the side panel installation, we HAd to put them in-  just to sit on them!  

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:19:59 PM »
Good work Redline !  ;D

I don't have any photo's handy but I did a ton of body work to my 72 Challenger and should be applying primer within the next week or so.  ;D ;D Hopefully I stay motivated !  ;D

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:24:20 PM »
That's awesome Chris!!! 8) 8) How'd it go with recovering them? I was planning on doing my own, but the level of difficulty sounded a little too far out of my range.

Hey Street.  You should try doing it yourself if you can get a buddy to help you out.  It's easier if one person compresses the springs while the other person pulls the fabric.  All in all...very do-able.  Thank you to all of you that told us the same thing!!  Can't wait to see the fronts done.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004 - 10:32:39 PM »
ok this will be a bit redundant but I went and picked up a 71 Cuda  ;D ;D ;D ;D ok im stupid

lemonboy69

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004 - 12:32:40 AM »

I didn't do much, but I did make it up to the body shop for what will probably be the last time I see the 'Cuda before she's painted!! :o Also got a final estimate (high ballpark side) for the rest of the costs of the car.... I'm not going to post an exact figure, but there are several cars on here (completed) that are worth what I'll have in it JUST at the body shop.... ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'(

LB

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004 - 10:33:45 AM »
Ouch LB.  Sorry to hear about that, but you know it's getting done correctly and will look awesome.  It aint cheap restoring these cars! I can't imagine doing it at 19 years old!!  You young guys are amazing!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004 - 11:33:40 AM »
I did a little patch work to some pin holes in my firewall, smoothed out some spot welds in the engine bay, made modifications to the front radiator support to maximize air flow to at 27 inch radiator, and then had to switch gears and work on my lower control arms.  I bead blasted them, removed the pivot arm and rubber bushing, then primed and painted them.  In all, I had to take a break from working on the rear of the car.  I still have to work the tail panel over.  :(

Plum6Pak

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004 - 01:02:05 PM »
K, we'll try this again, my puter messed up last time I tried. I am working on the body again after getting the steering chassis and suspension completed. Working on the roof right now, trying to get all the little dings and wowies out of it where someone must have neeled on it of something. No pics of that yet but got some of the ralley hood I am trying to figure out why someone put a thin layer of bondo over the entire thing! Hope it doesn't reveal its warped or something or I will be in the market for another hood or go with the six pack style scoop that it came with.

Offline 1972-340challenger

• ;;
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004 - 01:08:45 PM »
i recieved all of my paint from ppg (sublime) and am in the painting process, i have been taking digital photos and should be able to post within the next week-next step is ported heads and new underdriving pulleys

Plum6Pak

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004 - 01:12:04 PM »
Hey 72-340, wish I was where you are at!! We'll look forward to seeing some pics!!  :D

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004 - 01:13:28 PM »
I finally got around to putting the bumpers back on and installing the front valence lights.  I had to go for a short ride,  just around the block a few times (no tags or insurance yet).   ::)  I couldn't wait.  ;D   I should be ordering the black 340 billboard stripes in a few weeks.  And all my hood and tail panel emblems should be coming in the mail any day now.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2004 - 01:19:51 PM by 71'cuda340 »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004 - 01:25:13 PM »
OK well all the work looks GREAT!!  Everyone is doing a grat job!!  I installed the convertible top framing after a couple weeks of work on that! (REV I installed it by myself too . . tough to hold that thing up and get the bolts in! lol )  Now it is beatutiful and ready for the new top!!  I also ran a gas line and installed one of the doorhandles.  Lots to do still!  This week I want to order my exhaust kit and a radiator!!  Have to grow some more money first!   ;D