Author Topic: 70 Challenger R/T Project PRICE REDUCED--SOLD  (Read 7502 times)

Offline mjb765

Re: 70 Challenger R/T Project PRICE REDUCED
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010 - 08:40:54 PM »
Worse case I will keep it and maybe even get around to working on it at some point. The market shouldn't get any worse than it is now--hopefully....

OxfordMotorSports

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010 - 10:32:38 PM »
Yes, even with free labor from someone who knows what they are doing, it's still priced high.  It's a tough market right now and like everyone is saying, the cost of material and parts keep going up and the values are not.  On top of that you're missing both fenders (probably $1,000 to get new ones).  Most cars have at least repairable fenders.

I think it's a 7 to 8K car.  I know body work and I think you're better off trying to find someone that doesn't if you're going to get 10K.  Just my opinion.  Nothing against the car.... it's awesome!  :thumbsup:

Much like HemiOrange - CODY is correct. Wait until you pull the vinyl top off and see what's under there. Hold onto the car and restore it at a later date. I'm certain the car market is at it's bottom and will rebound in the near future.

Todd

OMS

Offline DetMatt1

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010 - 07:17:39 AM »
7 or 8k I think is what I said when I first saw this for sale over on FEBO. It is a great car and would be a beautiful restored piece, you should hold on to it and see what happens with the economy. :2cents:

Offline mjb765

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010 - 03:38:33 PM »
That just may happen....I'm not going to just give it away.

Offline Cooter

• There goes the lone Challenger............
    • christinecarclub.com
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010 - 12:55:55 AM »

If you try to sell it today, you will have to do just that.....Most Everybody's using the economy as a crutch in hopes that they can lowball you into selling cheap so they can dump half the asking price in it, sit on it for about another 3 years and maybe flip it for a profit....They are called "Lowballers" for a reason...Sad, but true...Everybody's scared to buy right now...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010 - 12:59:26 AM by Cooter »
1958 plymouth Belvedere 2dr hd top "Christine" [OO)====V====(OO]
1969 dodge Charger "General Lee"         [___|______I______|___]                        
1968 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan 505" Stroker    (O]=0==========0=[O)                
1970 Challenger R/T Clone "Kowalski Special"   (OO) [___________] (OO)

Offline brianz426

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010 - 01:50:10 AM »

If you try to sell it today, you will have to do just that.....Most Everybody's using the economy as a crutch in hopes that they can lowball you into selling cheap so they can dump half the asking price in it, sit on it for about another 3 years and maybe flip it for a profit....They are called "Lowballers" for a reason...Sad, but true...Everybody's scared to buy right now...

With the way our economy is going who knows where the value of our cars will really be in 3 years. I have a project car I'm considering selling, I'd hate too because it's so nice and I've had it for 10 years. Now I'm second guessing my plans to start on the car simply because parts have become so expensive. It's looking like I could buy a nice driver and still have 5k leftover for improvements and unforeseen issues. My goal is not to restore my car and flip for profit, but I'm concerned that if I get started and my situation changes I may not be able to get out of it without a big loss.  :dunno: I guess for now I'll do nothing.

Offline FJ5 T/A

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010 - 11:25:12 AM »
I guess it all depends if you need the money or not that the price will come down again..
So whats it going to be?? another price drop, or not??    :popcorn:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010 - 12:15:52 PM »
KEEP IT
I tried to sell my 71 Cuda with all the parts I have purchased for it for half of what I got into it,and people still wanted it for a lot less.I didn't offer it up for sale because I needed the cash so I told them to drag a$$.It can sit right here in my driveway and I will eventually get to it.
Doug

Offline mjb765

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010 - 08:41:40 PM »
SOLD

Offline DetMatt1

Re: 70 Challenger R/T Project PRICE REDUCED--SOLD
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010 - 08:01:28 AM »
Congrats! I'm glad to hear that you sold it, how much did you get for it?.

Offline mjb765

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:31:03 PM »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:53:06 PM »
 :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline brianz426

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010 - 01:02:04 PM »
Congrats! That is great news.

Offline DetMatt1

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010 - 07:39:39 PM »
Congrats on the sale again, and I doubted you could get 10K for it in this economy, maybe it's a good sign.