Author Topic: InLine Tube  (Read 746 times)

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
InLine Tube
« on: April 13, 2010 - 06:00:04 PM »
I started out three or four weeks ago to replace a wheel cylinder and do a rear brake job on my Challenger project.

Lines were rusted badly at the fittings and the job quickly escalated into a major replacement project.

I ended up ordering a complete set of lines from Inline Tube.  Bullit helped me with the routing of the front to rear line as my original was just hanging under the car and was not in the factory position.

Then I started on the front lines and the new ones were not at all shaped like the ones I pulled off.  I was convinced that someone had accidentally put the wrong lines in the box.

I contacted Inline Tube and began a series of emails and pictures with a very helpful sales support guy.  I am glad I was not too obnoxious as it turned out I had received the correct tubes.  The problem was that someone had done some very clumsy frame rail repair in the past which prevented the factory lines from fitting as they should.  To top it off, they made some new lines and connected them to the combination valve on opposite sides from the factory connections.  This made it impossible to envision how the lines should/could connect because the ends were reversed.  Having no pictures of the line routing in the manual did not help either.  There is no way the new lines would ever work with the butchered frame repair work.

After finally understanding what was going on, the guy at Inline Tube offered to take the front lines back, make me some new lines, or whatever they could do to make me happy in my current situation which was not at all their fault, or their problem.

I am going to keep the lines because I know that one day I need to yank the engine and fix the frame properly...then the new lines will fit.

But, just the fact that someone that knows he is right, and has the patience to deal with me all day until I have figured out what is going on really means a lot.  It's not that common any more to find someone with the patience to deal with someone that clearly does not know what is going on.  That is customer service above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion.

Thanks a lot! :2thumbs:

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
Re: InLine Tube
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010 - 09:27:57 PM »
It is good to know that there is still some good honest old fashion people/businesses out there who put safety and service first.   :cooldancing:
When somebody goes out of their way to help as this situation demonstrates they usually don't get recognized for there efforts.   :2thumbs: 
Dave

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Re: InLine Tube
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010 - 11:43:08 PM »
Thats good to hear, there are days after that 200th dumb azz calllllllllll......................  :bigsmile:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl