Author Topic: Standard gauge cluster clock question  (Read 1009 times)

Offline shadango

• Resident
Standard gauge cluster clock question
« on: April 19, 2010 - 01:22:03 PM »
I picked up a standard gauge cluster for my fish....

It looks like it was restored, frankly....it looks dang near perfect from the plastic lens plate to the gauges, to the needles etc.

Got it for $75...My current speedo is reading 10 mph too high (and stops at "10" at a stop) so I was on the lookout.....found it at the ohio parts meet last weekend.

Anyways, this cluster has a clock in it.....

I dont think I have ever seen a clock in a standard gauge cluster before but I am sure they were available.

The guy who sold me the cluster promised everything works, and his kid was there with him as was mine....he gave scouts honor...LOL.

Anyways, the clock has some sort of oem looking right angle gizmo on it which I assume is for adjusting the clock....is there supposed to be more to it or what the deal? Where does the adjuster go in the dash?

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Standard gauge cluster clock question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010 - 02:30:29 PM »
A friend of mine has a clock in one but I don't remember where the adjuster was. If you want, RT-ENG.com sells a little tach to fit into that spot. 
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010 - 05:14:40 PM »
Thanks shelby...

Well right now, I have a tach mounted so that it nestles into that "pod" but in front of it....I kind of like the idea of a stock clock, if it works. But that would mean finding another location for a tach.

Hmmmm...decisions decisions....LOL

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010 - 07:21:17 PM »
I used to have a clock in my old standard dash. The reset went through a hole in the plastic bezel somewhere below the clock itself. The reset consisted of two parts; a hollow tube threaded at the top and a chrome shaft that went through it to do the adjusting. Here's the only picture I ever took of it.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline DetMatt1

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010 - 07:42:43 AM »
Here is one in my `70 A66, but I don't see any adjuster?