Author Topic: New PG Catalog  (Read 3305 times)

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
New PG Catalog
« on: April 21, 2010 - 02:03:33 AM »
I just got a new PG cat. in the mail today and noticed that it was mailed from "PG Classic - Zhen Yu Yao #107 - 110 Taihai Rd, Taicheng Town P.R. China"

After thinking on it for a few, I'm glad there are resto parts aplenty, but at what cost. It seems to me that PG could produce their parts right there in Canada with the prices that they charge...... :dunno: Heck, I would even pay a lil more knowing it was made in North America at least
Am I trippin here or what, help me out

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: New PG Catalog
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010 - 02:20:12 AM »
Greed is the motivator ,check out the spelling of Restoration

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010 - 12:08:52 PM »
The last catalog I got with my luggage rack hardware had the word "parts" spelled "Parst"... funny I say.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010 - 10:51:03 PM »
I just got a new PG cat. in the mail today and noticed that it was mailed from "PG Classic - Zhen Yu Yao #107 - 110 Taihai Rd, Taicheng Town P.R. China"

After thinking on it for a few, I'm glad there are resto parts aplenty, but at what cost. It seems to me that PG could produce their parts right there in Canada with the prices that they charge...... :dunno: Heck, I would even pay a lil more knowing it was made in North America at least
Am I trippin here or what, help me out

Everything is made overseas these days. English is definitely a second language to them, you can tell in all they do! I thought the prices were pretty reasonable. :dunno:
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010 - 12:40:11 AM »
Oh yes, the prices are reasonable, it's just that "the bottom line" trumps everything and it takes away even more manufacturing jobs. Plus it just seems wrong for chinese workers to be making parts for some of the most precious cars ever built. Again if I'm trippin here, please someone let me know :2thumbs:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010 - 08:54:33 AM »
I'm with you dude, F the china made crap.

I wish there were a guide as to what is made here and what is not.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010 - 10:13:27 PM »
We all wan't our kids to have more and do less than we did .
This is the results of our labors , labor is a dirty and even an embarrasing word .
So lets get used to it .GB
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline dixiedog

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010 - 02:16:17 PM »
 :iagree: All of the sheet metal for my car came from China. This should be manufactured in North America but due to greed from our corporations and politicians jobs get shipped overseas.  I understand the bottom line but by the time you pay to ship it back here and the way jobs are being cut and workers are being forced to take pay cuts (me being one of them, 10% pay cut this year) it looks like somebody would wake up before it is to late.  I ordered parts when I could from Canada and the U.S. but we don't have a choice with some of it.  I ordered brake cylinders for my car at AutoZone and yes China.  I couldn't beleive it, that was when I first started my project.  I have nothing against China or Chinese, I just think we need to take care of us and ours.  Didn't mean to ramble just saying.  Danny in Dixie

Offline tx9aarcuda

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010 - 08:30:17 PM »
 :iagree:
I would be willing to pay more for parts made here in the US or Canada. I work in manfacturing and am lucky that my company has plants all over the world and that produce for the local region, we actually brought business back from Mexico for my plant to produce, you just don't see that happen anymore.
Greg
68 Coronet R/T Convertible 4 spd
70 AAR Auto
97 Ram 1500

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010 - 10:26:46 PM »
I, for one, am scared.  We're almost as expensive as EU countries, but we haven't stayed on the cutting edges in technology like they have.  I'm with a major food manufacturer and when we look at equipment, we look at Germany.  Nobody in the US can keep pace (not even a cost issue).
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010 - 12:11:58 AM »
The last catalog I got with my luggage rack hardware had the word "parts" spelled "Parst"... funny I say.

My last catalog had so many typo's I'd be embarrased if that was my company. I understand things happen but there had to be over twenty...  :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010 - 07:18:18 AM »
I'm a skilled laborer, and get dirty every day, without embarrassment. In fact, I'm damn proud of it.

I don't find PG's prices to be reasonable at all. Sure, sometimes you can get a deal on one of their fleebay auctions, but who wants to deal with that nonsense?

OK, somebody tell me again why Chevy and Ford parts are so much cheaper than ours. I'm still not buying the standard theory.
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010 - 08:59:04 AM »
Whenever I buy anything, I try to find "Made in Canada" or "Made in USA" on the product. More and more often it is a very difficult, or impossible search.
It can't continue like this and work out very well for us, but how do you stop it?
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010 - 09:26:51 AM »
It's funny this came up...

My mom (where I had a lot of things for the Cuda shipped) called my and asked,
what did I order from China?
Which I replied, you know I don't buy anything from China when I don't have to.
She says yeah, I know, but there is a package clearly from China here.

As you guys know it was the catalog.

Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010 - 10:56:42 AM »
First they charge what they do because we pay those prices.

Second, they have parts that no one else makes

Third, they wouldn't make them if they didn't make money on them, and the Mopar parts market is alot smaller than Ford and CHevy as the production numbers aren't nearly as high

My son's teacher pointed out that Rome collapsed as they never produced anything and the US ( and Canada ) are in the same boat. CHina raises there prices and we pay or nothing as we don't make anything