Rad Rides 'Cuda on "Rides" this Tuesday....

Author Topic: Rad Rides 'Cuda on "Rides" this Tuesday....  (Read 5781 times)

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
Re: Rad Rides 'Cuda on "Rides" this Tuesday....
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:25:24 AM »
why were they teasing us with those cars before (twin turbo) then he holds up a race only turbo, Im thinking when they said killer, ya 528hemi with that turbo would be bad.

Then nothing  :'( ok a fueli 528 hemi
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:43:52 AM »
Oh my GOD!!  Frickin' SWEET!! Some people have WAY too much MONEY!!    >:(   That was way too COOL!!  8)   That CUDA rocked!!  I loved the look of it!!  That was my first time watching those shows and I was lovin' it the way they were teasing that poor guy with the stolen car!!  I felt for him!! That would suck! Then they brought the guy out from the shop, who supposedly might of stole his car, to try to get him to confess??  I was worried he might try to kisk his A$$!!  To funny, and very cool that the dad was involved too!!!  Sweet show!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D   Then the CUDA ROCKED!!  That car was SO sweet!!  Makes me was to go out in the garage and WORK!!   Can't wait to see that one in person!!  Maybe at Carlisle 2005!!  SWEET!!  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)
  Liike they said at the end of the show, that car is gonna be busy all over the circuit!!! Hope it's at carlisle this year!! It's early now, but if anyone can get an update on it's tour post it please.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:56:08 AM »
Glad they left the Cuda all silver instead of screwing it up like the Challenger on OverMaulin.  What's up with the 21" covered wagon wheels tho ?  A decent set of mags with some real rubber would have looked nice.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

lemonboy69

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004 - 04:38:59 AM »

Did anybody tape it?? Those of us that unfortunately missed it would LOVE to see it!! ::) ::) ;)

LB

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004 - 06:42:50 AM »
I TiVo'd it - some day I will hack it and pull the vid feed and burn to DVD. Maybe I will just get a good vid capture device that will high-res vid feeds

On another note, I am glad that Joe had the vision NOT to go with the red top and the modified front grille (were there other things omitted?). He had the right idea that the car made enough of a statement as it was.
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004 - 07:08:17 AM »
I don't get why everyone thinks they have to put these low profile tires on these cars!  You gotta have some meat back there!!  The bigger the better!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004 - 08:52:13 AM »
Right on Rev !

Old style mags with lots of tires.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2004 - 10:47:44 AM »
I can go either way with the wheels and tires, I like both styles.  But for me I think I would go with something in between the factory sizing and the stuff they did last night.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Robb

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004 - 12:46:02 PM »
The Sick Fish reminds me ALOT (almost too much)  of that star car in  "Gone in 60 Seconds"   only instead of being a Ford its a Mopar.        Eleanor I think it was ?

Striking design/presentation similarity anyway.

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004 - 02:55:24 PM »
Robb,
      Chip Foose was on the design team for both "Eleanor" and "Sick Fish."  That might be why they have similarities.  ;)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004 - 08:24:53 PM »
The Race "Turbo" was a Vortec blower 
 the Cuda is similar to mine bu twith a bigger budget they were able to do a better finished product , it looked awesome done !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline moparbowhunter

• MOPARS RULE AND ALL OTHERS DROOOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2004 - 01:08:32 PM »
yes i taped both shows and if my wife dont erase or tape over them ill have it for a while.  ;D
i loved both of the cars, the paint on the Chally had a little to be desired, (FOOSE) hes a tremendouis designer but everything has to have those BIG A$$ WHEELS and rubber band tires, on his designs. personally i liked the look of the car before they did anything to it and i think all ti really needed was a good freshening and that would have been enough, but Chip has to put his signiture radical paint jobs on and thos BLING BLING  wheels and tires. kinda ruines the look of a good old MUSCLE CAR, IMO.
The Sick Fish Cuda turned out awesome, but again the tires and the lowering im not too impressed with just because all it looks like is another severely modified muscle car and i guess im old fashioned but i like the look of nice wheels and some BIG A$$ RUBBER, as its already been stated by Rev and PG.
sorry to ramble so long and im sure i sound like im a litle too critical but really i do love both cars but there are just some things i would change from what they did to them.
70 Barracuda

Offline Limecuda

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2004 - 05:32:06 PM »
Ask yourselves, if those 2 cars were merely "freshened up" with some average wheels and paint would you even be talking about them?  These 2 cars are helping to create an identity to modern Mopars.  Stock cars are boring and were when new.  If they weren't why were the wheels one of the first things to be changed?  Slots, Keystones, Cragars, and air shocks were the 70s version of the lowered stance and larger wheels of today.  It is just within the past 10 or so years that cars have been going more stock.  When I bought the project 71 a few years back I wanted a Limelight green car with rally wheels.  After going to the Mopar shows and getting online over the past few years I have realized how dated and boring that look really is.  Next time you go to one of those shows look at how many green, purple, yellow, or red ebodies are sitting there.  After a bit they all begin to look the same. This isn't a dig on anyone's car.  As long as you are proud that is all that matters.  For me personally, I like to stand out differently.

Offline Cudadreamer

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2004 - 07:21:11 PM »
Well I liked both cars with the modifications, minus the big wheels, and I have to say "Chip" was reserved when it came to modifying the Challenger compared to what he normally does.  He knew and stated that the diehard Mopar people would probably not like what he was going to do to the appearance of the car. 

As for Rad Rides Cuda...I thought it was great except for the "Thunderdome Wheels".  17's are big on an old muscle car, 20's are huge and in my opinion 22's should be on just the SUV type vehicles.  I can't complain thought with the rest of the car.  I loved the low profile stance, the strong sounding HEMI and the "fit and finish" of the Cuda.

As for the shows I taped both to a Harddrive (DVD-R) I've edited out the commercials and I can burn them to a DVD. 

I'll have to buy some DVD's though before I can burn the show. 

Offline 71'cuda340

• Mopar OR slow car!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2004 - 08:22:52 PM »
Anyone got pics of these cars?  I didn't get to see either show.  :-\