It's happening! UPDATED it got hotter, oh boy

Author Topic: It's happening! UPDATED it got hotter, oh boy  (Read 6000 times)

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: It's happening!
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010 - 02:57:19 AM »
I just read in our home town paper that Ohio is now concidering trying to pass a law like Arizonas  :clapping: Here in my hometown, we have an employer know to go to Mexico and bring back Latinos to work for his company. Not sure if they are legals to work here or not  :dunno: Its a pretty large concrete company and not very well paid and does employ several jobs here. I have a friend that works there and has told me on several times that they don't have to pay any taxes of any kind what so ever  :stomp: thier pay is tax free.  He worked with one that spoke really good english and was a hard worker and told everyone that he keep what he needed to survive on here and sent the rest of his pay to Mexico to his wife and during the slow months he went back to Mexico and he and his wife lived very comfortable. My question is this, how is it fair to come here to our country and work and not pay any taxes at all, send money back to your home country and live like a king  :swear:             
Dennis,Ohio

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010 - 07:19:29 AM »
My question is this, how is it fair to come here to our country and work and not pay any taxes at all, send money back to your home country and live like a king  :swear:           

Actually, I suppose we could also ask  "How is it fair that we are in the USA and are screwed by out government with taxes".....but thats a whole other *****-n-moan session.    :stirpot:

But yeah, thats not right.....Ohio!?!?  Good lord.....

Ya know, I suppose if I was one of these workers I would do what I had to do too...get what I could, etc.   That dont make it right, but i get it.

Like someone else said, countries in Europe enforce their borders...with FORCE when needed.

Cant understand why we are bing looked at as doing something so out of this world crazy.  :clueless:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010 - 08:03:58 AM »
 :roflsmiley: Yes shadango  :roflsmiley: I live about 60 mile east of Dennis and we have a growing problem with the immagration issue. Strangly the one's here who have leagally entered generally give the communities no problem. They are clean, hard working people who also realize they have an opportunity to improve their lives. We have not only Mexican but probably a bigger Gualtimalan populace here. But yes there are those here illegally who seem to be the ones that are always in trouble with the law. In fact one of those illegals who was arrested for shoplifting, and he had over two hundred dollars in his pocket, was asked why he shoplifted. Generally his response was that he knew he would get a "free ticket" back to Mexico if he got caught, he'd get to see his family and said he would just make his way back here in a couple months. So does that tell you how easily they can illegally enter and go in any direction they wish?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010 - 12:07:02 PM »
As I said earlier, the border patrol and sheriffs are out gunned, this happened yesterday and I can almost be 100% sure that the liberal media News will not have it any where but here in a local paper.
When reading this article, just remember that this happened approximately 130miles from the border and 70miles north of Tucson.......

Suspected smugglers shoot deputy
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_ebe479c8-12e1-525c-ba4c-1ebf502e3d15.html

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010 - 12:24:09 PM »
In fact one of those illegals who was arrested for shoplifting, and he had over two hundred dollars in his pocket, was asked why he shoplifted. Generally his response was that he knew he would get a "free ticket" back to Mexico if he got caught, he'd get to see his family and said he would just make his way back here in a couple months.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'm firmly convinced that this is the problem that needs to be solved. It's too easy to get back here...so let's make it harder. We won't be able to get another country to take them, that's for sure.

But what about this. Instead of sending them back to Mexico, put up a few Quonset huts in Antarctica and send them there. No gentle Mexican sunshine, no easily available Mexican drugs. Tell them that if they can find a way to get back from Antarctica, they win citizenship.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
Re: It's happening! UPDATE Its getting hotter
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010 - 07:45:21 PM »
News just in, apparently it got hotter than first thought, once they found the officer that was down there was a massive hunt for 17 illegals, there were more than first said....

From the News

"A massive hunt of 100 square miles that included helicopters with night-vision equipment and more than 200 officers, including SWAT teams, from 13 agencies was still pursuing the shooters late Friday. "

"More than one helicopter came under fire during the evening as officers rescued Puroll, who had been shot with an AK-47-type weapon around 4 p.m., according to the Sheriff's Office. "

Then This....

"She said gunfire aimed at the helicopters came about an hour after the initial incident. "
"Time to warm up the Apaches and light em up."

wagesofsin

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010 - 07:49:48 PM »
i still cant understand why any of the afformentioned legislation would even bear questioning.
this just solidifies it in my mind.

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010 - 08:14:40 PM »
Watching the biased news reports on recent days has made me sick to my stomach.  All the coverage focuses on protests across the country against AZ, other than on message boards such as this do I find out any information on how bad the problem has gotten in places like AZ.
I see protesters comparing what AZ wants to do to Nazi Germany and the Jews.  That is ridiculous.  Only if the Jews were illegal aliens in Germany back in the 30's, which they were not, and if AZ was planning to put illegal aliens in concentration camps and murder them, which is certainly not the case, would that be a valid analogy.
There was a heartbreaking accident not far from my town a few years ago that really got my blood pressure up.  A young mother (age 28)  ran out to a Walgreens one night to pick up a prescription.  As she pulled out of the parking lot, she was t-boned by a speeding car with no headlights, and died.
When the police arrived, the drunken driver of the speeding car started screaming he demanded to speak to the Mexican consulate.  He was illegal, and it turned out he had been arrested several times already in the past, including a DUI just several months earlier that he was out on bail for. Yet he was still walking free in the US, even though he was an illegal alien.  If he had been detained or deported when he had been arrested on those earlier incidents, that young mother would still be alive today.  WTH was he doing out on the street?
I couldn't believe it when I heard that.  I talked to a police officer friend of mine shortly after I heard about that accident, and he said that when they arrested people they did not check to see if the suspects were legally in the country.  That is just absurd, I cannot for the world understand how anyone would support that policy.
I think in addition to that illegal alien, the judge that let the guy out on bail, the public defenders, and the entire Congress that have failed in their responsibility to protect the citizens of this country should have been prosecuted for manslaughter in that woman's death and be serving time in prison to this day!!! :2cents:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: It's happening! UPDATED it got hotter, oh boy
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2010 - 08:19:20 AM »
Each of you may want to look into some state laws. Some are totally insane in realistic common sense. For instance, an illegal got drunk and drove a pick up he had bought, he had a title and plates, but no license to drive and no insurance. You do not need a drivers license to own a vehicle, and when you purchase plates you only have to sign a form stating you have insurance which is a law in Ohio. That is why as a driver you are required to possess a drivers license, car registeration, and proof of insurance (ie: legal papers) while driving. You of course can not get a drivers license unless you are a citizen, but out of country visitors can drive with current legal license from their home country.

So, this illegal hits and kills a guy on a motorcycle. He is arrested, tried and found guilty of among other things vehicluar homocide. Sentence: he is deported. Seems Ohio law has no provisions for an illegal with no drivers license to be sentenced.  There is now a law, or a provision in the curent law to allow not only conviction but passing sentence upon them. But being an illegal with no drivers license exempted him from prosecuction.  A stupid law but when it was written there was no thought of such an incident ever occuring.   :clueless:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2010 - 09:09:55 AM »

Then This....

"She said gunfire aimed at the helicopters came about an hour after the initial incident. "
I must be in a mood becuse I thank thats a GREAT IDEA.
 :bigsmile:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2010 - 09:21:01 AM »
 :iagree: NO KIDDING!!!!!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2010 - 12:13:26 PM »
News just in, apparently it got hotter than first thought, once they found the officer that was down there was a massive hunt for 17 illegals, there were more than first said....

From the News

"A massive hunt of 100 square miles that included helicopters with night-vision equipment and more than 200 officers, including SWAT teams, from 13 agencies was still pursuing the shooters late Friday. "

"More than one helicopter came under fire during the evening as officers rescued Puroll, who had been shot with an AK-47-type weapon around 4 p.m., according to the Sheriff's Office. "

Then This....

I'm sure my son-in-law was involved in that, he works out of the Casa Grande BP station there. I'll see if I can get ahold of him later today and get an update on what happened.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline lemming303

• San Antonio, TX
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2010 - 04:06:13 PM »
That's just insane. I didn't know about the violence either. I don't watch any TV news show besides Fox News Channel, and for good reason. I can't stand liberal media, and that's what it is, liberal. It's like the first year of the Iraq war. The regular news and CNN and MSNBC all showed protesters of the war, but never showed the protesters of the protesters, who outnumbered the protesters of the war. It didn't fit their liberal agenda.

But seriously, we are way too lax on the matter. I remember a year or so ago there was a bank that wanted to give lines of credit to illegals.. It's bad enough they take cash from our country and send it back to mexico, it would be much worse if they could get a $1000 credit card, fill it up, then trash it, having no SSN to go after to get the money back.
Kevin

73 Challenger Rallye - first project

Offline RB2929

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010 - 06:23:45 PM »
Well, there may be circumstances where the law is a good thing...

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010 - 12:16:19 AM »
 :roflsmiley: That is classic!  :clapping:  :rofl:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda