Author Topic: So what happened ?  (Read 767 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
So what happened ?
« on: April 30, 2010 - 07:45:13 AM »
 :pullinghair: I've faithfully been following the Bullrun series this season, last night which was the last segment..............well, the station (Speed) was blank. For some reason no broadcast, my other channels were fine, WTH gives with that ?  Did anyone get to see the show and even more important how did the Cuda do ?  They will probably do a rerun on the whole series at some obscure time slot but I'd have to wait until the end show anyway...............so someone tell me what happened please.  :banghead:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: So what happened ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010 - 01:46:55 PM »
Sorry Jim I cannot help. I've never watched 5 minutes of the show.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

hannah

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010 - 02:07:47 PM »
:pullinghair: I've faithfully been following the Bullrun series this season, last night which was the last segment..............well, the station (Speed) was blank. For some reason no broadcast, my other channels were fine, WTH gives with that ?  Did anyone get to see the show and even more important how did the Cuda do ?  They will probably do a rerun on the whole series at some obscure time slot but I'd have to wait until the end show anyway...............so someone tell me what happened please.  :banghead:

CHECKPOINT #27: Guinda, CA
CHECKPOINT #28: Alameda Point in Alameda, CA

Allen & William Wu of Team Lamborghini had filled up their reserve gas tanks at the end of the next-to-last leg.

CURRENT TIMES HEADING INTO THE LAST CHALLENGE:
1. Team Lambo- 3:26:42
2. Team NSX- 3:48:08
3. Team Hemi Cuda- 3:54:03

FINAL CHECKPOINT CHALLENGE ("Rundown"): At the Alameda Naval Yards, the first driver of each team has to catch up with a semi truck and smash the light tubes that are on both sides of it. They CANNOT smash any tubes while the truck is turning around near some red tires. Once they've made it back to the start, they must switch places before smashing the tubes attached to a Shelby Mustang. After the second driver finishes their run, their clock will stop. The winning team will receive a 20-MINUTE TIME BONUS for the championship stage; the runners-up will get a 10-MINUTE BONUS.

CHALLENGE ORDER:
1. Team Hemi Cuda
2. Team NSX
3. Team Lambo

The winners of this critical challenge, with a time of exactly two minutes, are...

...Team NSX- Nicholas Cruz & Ryan Morris! Finishing just a second behind them, and therefore finishing the challenge in second place, are...

...Team Lambo!

CHECKPOINT #29: Lombard Street in Downtown San Francisco
CHECKPOINT #30: Fisherman's Wharf
FINISH LINE: The U.S.S. Hornet

THE FINAL RESULTS: Finishing as the second runners-up, with a final time of about six hours and three minutes, are...

...Team Hemi Cuda. And now, let us reveal the Season 3 champions, who won by just six minutes, which is the smallest such margin in the show's history. With a time of approximately five hours and one minute, the trophy and the $200,000 go to...

Team Lambo

I was rooting for team Challenger or Team Hemicuda obviously...man that Cuda was nice and the guy drove it pretty hard...his daughter was cute not listening to him when he would tell her to slow down lool

I didn't like Team Lambo much...arrogant...cheated a lot and were a bit of a$$holes

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010 - 08:28:10 AM »
 :walkaway: Thanks hannah, yeah I was rooting obviously for the Cuda. And honestly I'll probably not watch this show next season, not because of the final outcome but because if the show allows (thus endorsing) tricks and cheating why bother. BTW, some of the cheating this season included changing signs along the routes, stealing maps from other cars, and it appeared one car had his brake/clutch resoviour tampered with. So if Goldburg allows this kind of crap the car and driver is secondary in the competition. They also locked cars with the keys in the ignition, now that will add to a competitors overall time.  :banghead:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline EDGEFIND

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010 - 10:24:01 AM »
I agree that it has gone downhill, plus the fact that there seems to be more footage in the "Coming up on Bullrun" segments than the actual show makes it a complete waste of time.  :eek4:
-Jay, J.J., James, Jimmy Joe...I answer to all of them.