Author Topic: My Challenger had a bad day today- wrecked  (Read 53852 times)

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: My Challenger had a bad day today- wrecked
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2010 - 12:39:27 PM »
Aw man,
What a sickening feeling seeing that poor thing  :puke: :crying:
Can't imagine how your stomach is.
 Of course, glad you were ok, of course it could have been worse.
That still sucks beyond words  :swear:

It's easy for me to say, but please don't get discouraged and give up hope and take the easy way out, (new Chally).
Get her fixed right and get out there IMMEDIATELY after and enjoy her or you'll be too paraniod to even take it out of the driveway.
Sh!t happens unfortunately. Don't let it break you, or your spirit  :cheers:

btw....don't know what's going to happen with insurance, but if you need a drivers side trunk floor extension I got a new one you can have. Just say the word  :wave:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2010 - 01:03:22 PM »
man.... :(

Glad everyone seems to be ok. Like some others have mentioned, once you've been compensated to your satisfaction, DO NOT use a collision or local body shop. Rather settle on a shop familiar with restoring Mopars and be sure to have everything in clear writing.
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline KM/H

• VETTEVIS
    • www.rubenooms.com
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2010 - 06:04:42 PM »
 :puke: :walkaway:.....Wish you the best man..
(O====I====O) www.rubenooms.com

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2010 - 08:09:00 PM »
I cringed when i saw the pics. Glad you are ok,

I am curious to see how this plays out with the insurance company. Wonder how they will handle it. This could potentially cost a whole lot of cash to have fixed.  I think they are going to try and low ball the hell out of you initially to hope and pray you take it. Keep us posted if you dont mind, in case anything like this ever happens to another one of us.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline sprecks

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2010 - 09:15:59 PM »
Here's the latest update.
First off, the soreness started setting in today with some tingling between the shoulder blades that runs down both arms. I was warned that this would probably start. I guess you guys know from experience. I'll be seeing the doc tomorrow.
As for the car, I made an appointment with a resto shop and they got me in today for an estimate. Turned out after they saw it, they wouldn't estimate. Said they couldn't do anything until they could see it on the rack and with the interior out of it.
The insurance company called and they are sending out an adjuster to my house either tomorrow or the next day.
That's the short of it for now. Thanks for all of your advice and encouragement. CC.com is the best bunch of people on the net.
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2010 - 09:27:59 PM »
 :sadwavey: That's horrible, Jay! I truly hope you are O.K. and things turn out well for you. I can only imagine what you are going through. Best Wishes!
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline willhaven

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2010 - 09:38:13 PM »
Oh man... that's so sad. :(

What kind of insurance do you have?

I've waited so long for mine, I'd probably explode if that happened to me.

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010 - 03:29:14 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and seeing those pics. Glad to hear that nobody was physically injured, but you should definitely see your doc a few times in the upcoming days to document any possible injuries for the insurance company.

I really hope you can deal with a new complete restoration for this beautiful car!
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

Offline twist

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010 - 01:37:43 PM »
Sorry to see what happened to your nice ride. That really sucks! I hate to see one of my biggest fears come true. Hope you are not injured too bad. My wife lives with the effects from a rear end collision everyday. Its not fun, so get it checked out.
Hoping for the best, Mike
70 Challenger R/T SE
68 Charger RT
68 Dart GT Convertible

Offline sadil340

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010 - 02:00:11 PM »
I've heard encouraging stories from the specialty insurers like Hagerty and others - not giving customers a hard time about using the correct parts, etc. If your company doesn't treat you right let us all know and we'll all call them and tell them to get it right!!   :villagers:
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

Offline sprecks

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010 - 08:59:38 PM »
Things are starting to look up. It was a very encouraging day.
I went to my family doc today and he doesn't think there is any permanent damage but does want to see me again in three weeks. If I'm still having discomfort we'll be doing some xrays or MRI then.
The insurance adjuster just left. He was very impressed with the car. He said it is definitely worth fixing. He probably took 100 pictures. He said to go ahead and get it to the shop that I have choosen. He said they are definitely the best in the area for this type of work. He has worked with them in the past and they are top notch. He said they are a little higher priced then most shops but do really nice work on a lot of high end cars. I have checked around and this shop is the one all of the 'car guys' around here recommend. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in this week. With any luck I will be able to salvage some of this summer.
you can call me Jay

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2010 - 09:05:13 PM »
That is definitely great news about yourself and the car.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2010 - 09:37:05 PM »
Jay,
Glad to hear the news from the Doc!!! WOW!!!! :woo: I'm impressed with your insurance company giving the green light!!!! :clapping: :2thumbs: I was expecting the worst....I don't usually have much respect for insurance companies.  They are like politicians.....wouldn't shed a tear if a bus load of them drove off a cliff!

Unless there was an empty seat! :bigsmile:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline willhaven

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2010 - 10:00:20 PM »
The insurance adjuster just left. He was very impressed with the car. He said it is definitely worth fixing. He probably took 100 pictures. He said to go ahead and get it to the shop that I have choosen. He said they are definitely the best in the area for this type of work. He has worked with them in the past and they are top notch. He said they are a little higher priced then most shops but do really nice work on a lot of high end cars.
Glad to hear the doctor visit went well. Hopefully any aches and pains simply go away.

What insurance company are you using? I'm about to insure my car and I'm wondering who I should go with.

Offline sprecks

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2010 - 10:10:42 PM »
Glad to hear the doctor visit went well. Hopefully any aches and pains simply go away.

What insurance company are you using? I'm about to insure my car and I'm wondering who I should go with.
I'm not actually dealing with my own insurance company. This is the insurance company of the gal that hit me. Her company is called American Family Insurance
you can call me Jay