Author Topic: My Challenger had a bad day today- wrecked  (Read 53842 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: My Challenger had a bad day today- wrecked
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010 - 01:55:44 PM »
Sprecks sorry for your loss , It would be wise not to mention the vin and or give out to much information this site has numbers munchers that will retain this information ,and if you ever sell the car it could be used to beat you down mainly at an auction .
My point is when you settle with the ins co go for a lost value compensation some times a loss doesnt show its ugly head till you sell. again sorry GB .

GB,  not quite following you here. Are you saying to keep all the damage that was done hidden from the public like not reporting it to a carfax?   I think people have the right to know what they are buying and the history of the cars they are wanting to purchase. It might even make him look bad later if someone found out later and found out he didn't disclose that info. If he knew it

Offline sprecks

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010 - 06:24:39 PM »

GB,  not quite following you here. Are you saying to keep all the damage that was done hidden from the public like not reporting it to a carfax?   I think people have the right to know what they are buying and the history of the cars they are wanting to purchase. It might even make him look bad later if someone found out later and found out he didn't disclose that info. If he knew it
Believe me Al, there are never any secrets with me when it comes to my cars or even parts for that matter. I have never tried to pass something off for something other than what it is. Just me I guess. If someone doesn't like my junk, so be it. I don't foresee ever selling this car anyways so it's a moot point. My boy will probably end up with my vert. On the other hand I appreciate everyones suggestions and such. I will take it all in to consideration as things progress. Thanks to everyone.
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline FishEyeMafia

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2010 - 07:35:41 PM »
Today me and the family were driving back home from Lancaster area from a little R & R trip. Seen a nice nice classic muscle car that was just in an accident. It looked like a Chevy of some sort as it was hard to tell with all the cops and traffic around. Front end was crushed in pretty good. Looked like it rammed the rear of a mini van. I thought of this thread. Someone else feels your pain tonight Sprecks.

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:34:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about the accident!!!  Don't give up hope and take care of yourself.     :thumbsup:

Sean

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2010 - 12:17:05 PM »
Sorry to hear you experienced everyone's nightmare.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline sprecks

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2010 - 07:33:55 PM »
Things are really looking up. I am very pleased with the insurance company that is paying for the work so far. They cut a check to the body shop today and work has begun. They didn't question the body shops estimate. The sheet metal is on order. NOS trim pieces are on the way. New gas tank, Complete New TTI exhaust. New quarters, new trunk lid, new valance. Complete repaint of whole car. He hopes to have it back to me in 30 - 45 days. The shop will be posting progress pics on their website every couple of days. I will post a link once they start showing up. This shop seems to be top notch. Thanks to everyone for your moral support.
Jay  :bigsmile:
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010 - 07:52:27 PM »
Things are really looking up. I am very pleased with the insurance company that is paying for the work so far. They cut a check to the body shop today and work has begun. They didn't question the body shops estimate. The sheet metal is on order. NOS trim pieces are on the way. New gas tank, Complete New TTI exhaust. New quarters, new trunk lid, new valance. Complete repaint of whole car. He hopes to have it back to me in 30 - 45 days. The shop will be posting progress pics on their website every couple of days. I will post a link once they start showing up. This shop seems to be top notch. Thanks to everyone for your moral support.

That is great news Jay!!!
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Challenger III

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010 - 08:47:00 PM »
 :2thumbs:  :clapping: Awesome! :woo:  :cheers:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010 - 11:01:21 PM »
Awesome to hear that work is already underway to getting herback on the street!!!   :2thumbs:

Sean

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2010 - 01:39:45 AM »
Glad to hear that it is working out for you, insurance companies do know when they are in a corner, make sure you keep a copy of all the progress pictures especially the ones of the repairs that will be hidden when back together.   :picture:
You obviously have the right repairer who knows what he is doing, you might want to post his business name for others to consider if they need work done.   :2thumbs:
Dave

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2010 - 03:03:14 AM »
Great news!

Offline PlumCrazyRTSE

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2010 - 04:23:23 AM »
That's really great to hear.  :clapping:
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FC7 Plum Crazy Purple
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Six Pack, Super Track Pak, FE5 Bright Red

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2010 - 07:05:18 AM »

:wow: that is awesome!!! so happy to hear! I hope all the frame work and everything comes out nice.  :swaying:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline kmyles

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2010 - 10:09:59 AM »
 :cooldancing: :wow: :bananasmi :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Excellent news keep us posted!  :2thumbs:
_________
Kevin

Mopar Lover....Cuda's....Challengers Rule!!!!
- 1951 Dodge - 2 door hardtop (Sold!!)
- 1971 Dodge Challenger
- 2012 Dodge Challenger Yellowjacket

Hard to believe what 20 years will do!!!!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2010 - 11:45:44 AM »
I am glad everything is working out well & so quickly  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t