Author Topic: Painting flat Black.  (Read 1113 times)

Offline XBRIT

• hood blackout finished
Painting flat Black.
« on: May 03, 2010 - 07:04:14 PM »
Hi,
I would like some input on painting the front end flat black around the radiator on a 72, also how does the Hood latch cable connect to the Hood latch mechanism?
Cheers,

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Re: Painting flat Black.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010 - 07:39:49 PM »
WELCOME DUDE  :smokin:
Yeah, I blacked out around in there after a member here... NZ. Said hey. That looks like chit. Now it's better. I just painted it with a rattle can. Decided to go gloss.As it fades. Nobody really sees it anyway.       I'm not 100% positive. But I think it's a little 1/2 round cable stop thingy you screw the cable down with. I'll dig in my garbage. Bet I got one you can have. I didn't use it with pins.And I kept smashing my head into that huge hook. :banghead:     
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

OxfordMotorSports

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010 - 10:11:05 PM »
Hi,
I would like some input on painting the front end flat black around the radiator on a 72, also how does the Hood latch cable connect to the Hood latch mechanism?
Cheers,

SEM makes a nice Hot Rod Flat Black kit that's affordable and tough as hell. Home Depot has really nice rattle can paint for 99 cents. It's your car and your choice.

Todd

OMS

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010 - 11:04:46 PM »
the hood latch cable generally loops over a rivet on the mechanism or hooks into a slot in a lever but I think the second way was in later years
I just doia rattle can like SEM trim black behind the visable areas through the grill , it was never done neatly by the factory

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010 - 10:05:41 AM »
SEM will do just fine, but for what you are talking about I would just use the Autozone, etc stuff.  Like Chryco said, it was not done with looks in mind at the factory.

Offline XBRIT

• hood blackout finished
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010 - 05:36:46 PM »
Thanks for the help...I have rattle canned the flat black paint. I any out out their has a picture off the latch to cable connection, it would be much appreciated.
Cheers,

OxfordMotorSports

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010 - 11:57:55 PM »
Someone have a pic for this guy?

Todd

OMS

:useless: :useless: :useless: :useless: :useless: