Author Topic: Paddock closes its doors  (Read 4008 times)

Offline tx9aarcuda

Paddock closes its doors
« on: May 04, 2010 - 09:29:23 PM »
I was just over on the Dodge Charger forum and they had a thread going that said The Paddock has closed. I just ordered off their website last weekend the parts were back ordered they have not charged my credit card yet. I wonder how this is going to work out. Heres a link

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69508.0.html
Greg
68 Coronet R/T Convertible 4 spd
70 AAR Auto
97 Ram 1500

Offline AARCUDADEN

Re: Paddock closes its doors
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010 - 12:54:44 AM »
I had ordered from them in the past and sworn i would never order anything again from them but i hate to see them go out of business. I fear that this could become the start of many that could soon follow  :( I just hope i'm wrong.
Dennis,Ohio

Offline CHL2T

• Handle it, man!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010 - 01:14:52 AM »
I had ordered from them in the past and sworn i would never order anything again from them but i hate to see them go out of business. I fear that this could become the start of many that could soon follow  :( I just hope i'm wrong.
Your not wrong, the war on capitolism has only just begun :(

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010 - 02:29:40 AM »
Wait, we all agree that our experiences were unpleasant, but we wish they hadn't gone under?   :dunno:

I'm not a fan of people losing their jobs, etc, but having bad vendors does more of a disservice than having none at all.  Support R/T Specialties or Van's or any of the numerous others that really try to please their customers.  Talk to some of these guys at a show some time and you'll see why I only used thePaddock once.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline cwestra

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010 - 07:29:50 AM »
Your not wrong, the war on capitolism has only just begun :(
Not really sure I see it as a war on capitalism.  In fact, isn't is exactly what should happen in a good free market soceity?  Let the strong survive and those that can't, go under.  Better than a bailout, right?

Corey - in Northern Indiana

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010 - 09:26:55 AM »
Too bad they are closing, I never ordered from them or had any experience with them but they did have a nice catlog, always enjoyed browsing throught it.

Their website is still up today: http://www.paddockparts.com/paddock/assets/html/homepage.asp
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010 - 09:36:19 AM »
   I never saw that they had anything special & they were one of the priciest out there. Early on I thought they charged me way to much to ship a small item, I emailed them but got no reply.
   I guess their business model didn't work anymore...High Prices/Poor Service
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010 - 11:55:25 AM »
I'm glad they went out of buisness. I too found they had high prices and I too had only ordered from them once. I orederd 70 cuda headlight buckets. They said they were ready to bolt on but when I got them it looked like they had about twenty hours lef in them to make them good to go.
It seemed like the only customers they had would have been people who hadn't ever heard of anyone else or searched and searched but only found the Paddock was the only carrier for the item. Not a good model.
I say chalk one up for the free market. This is what should have happened to GM. This is what is supposed to happen. If you can't hack it, get out of the way because another vendor is behing you eagerly willing to fight for buisness.

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010 - 12:21:40 PM »
   ...they were one of the priciest out there. Early on I thought they charged me way too much to ship a small item, I emailed them but got no reply...

Wait, are we talking about Paddock or Year one???

Offline hebeegbz

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010 - 12:31:31 PM »
Not really sure I see it as a war on capitalism.  In fact, isn't is exactly what should happen in a good free market soceity?  Let the strong survive and those that can't, go under.  Better than a bailout, right?

I like your thinking . :cheers:
thread gone in 60 seconds

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010 - 04:22:00 PM »
Too bad.  I used to prefer them to Year-One when I had an order that I wanted to one-stop shop.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010 - 04:51:52 PM »
Wait, are we talking about Paddock or Year one???
   I can't speak personally to the big YO as I've avoided their exorbitant S&H so far but from all accounts I've read their customer service is excellent.
    The vendor I don't understand anyone doing business with that does any research is Jim's. How their still around is beyond me ....gotta be the biggest ripoff artists in the industry. 
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline RB2929

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010 - 07:51:40 PM »
 :iagree:
Had issues with Jim's about ten years ago.  I ordered a full rear quareter.  They sent the smaller filler patch.  No luck with the lady on the phone to arrange a return.  Talked with my credit card co., stopped payment.  What a pain.

Ron

EDIT: Is there a thread covering CC.Com views on Jim's?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010 - 07:54:44 PM by RB2929 »

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010 - 08:36:45 PM »
   I can't speak personally to the big YO as I've avoided their exorbitant S&H so far but from all accounts I've read their customer service is excellent.
    The vendor I don't understand anyone doing business with that does any research is Jim's. How their still around is beyond me ....gotta be the biggest ripoff artists in the industry.
I agree. A few years ago I bought a pvc clutch cover from them for $20. For the shipping, they charged me $45. When I phoned to complain about the shy-high shipping, their response was "We are no longer going to deal with Canadians, they always complain about shipping costs".

So they no longer have to deal with me, or anybody I talk to about where to buy parts.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010 - 09:45:57 PM by dodj »
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010 - 09:43:28 PM »

EDIT: Is there a thread covering CC.Com views on Jim's?

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=15511.0
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=13871.0
and about 4-pages of negative replies to anyone who brings them up.

and let's take a moment to refresh on the funkasshole
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30102.0
Screwed by Photobucket!