Author Topic: additives for cleaning valve deposits  (Read 9154 times)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: additives for cleaning valve deposits
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010 - 04:05:33 PM »
Wow,

This thread keeps getting better.    :grinyes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010 - 10:25:39 PM »
Heminuts story is right on the mark. Also after stalling the engine, letting it sit you start er up and take it down the highway for a good thrashing to finish the job. Bingo - instant tuneup.  This makes rough idling engines run smooth. And yes - heed the warnings from others in this thread - the smoke? do this at night.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010 - 09:55:10 AM »
no one is afraid of a piece of  carbon deposit dropping off and possibly working its way down to the cylinder and getting embedded in a cylinder ring and possibly scratching the wall?
You do it while the engine is running so that the carbon doesn't get a chance to settle.
Dave

Offline KZ

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010 - 12:35:47 PM »
well ok, I am sort of convinced, but I still can't help thinking that if you have alot of carbon buildup that maybe, juuuuust maybe, a piece or 2 finds its way where it shouldn't get to. I look at it this way, let's say the carbon is analogous to a piece of plaque in one of your arteries and is sitting attached to the blood vessel wall. With clot busting drugs, or mechanical device, you can break or loosen the clot but if some or all of those pieces floats downstream and catches on something, gets snagged, etc. you can get into some serious trouble......yes, I realize the arteries are WAY smaller than a cylinder bore but small metal particles (shavings) can destroy any engine, and I have to think that a piece of carbon that is hard enough to withstand the heat of steam, could also be something I would at least worry about.... but by the sounds of the majority of the posts this water steam/tranny fluid/ etc. seems to be AOK, and here I am thinking back to automechanics class and the constant reminders from the instructor to keep the internals of our engines CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! from any foreign debris.

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010 - 05:49:58 AM »
How would this water spraying process work on a fuel injected engine, as in my 4.6L cougar?
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010 - 09:39:20 AM »
How would this water spraying process work on a fuel injected engine, as in my 4.6L cougar?

the same way...water, top engine cleaner, or whatever, is added thru the throttlebody or vacuum hose

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010 - 02:00:39 AM »
engines with thjat much carbon chould be rebuilt anyway . engines usually dont have carbon or sludge build up with todays oil , a good tune up and the right gas will keep this from happening . people who dont take care of their engines have this trouble .
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30