OVERHAULIN

Author Topic: OVERHAULIN  (Read 6636 times)

Offline budrinker

Re: OVERHAULIN
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004 - 08:42:52 PM »
chip is f'n that one up

ISH!!!!

THAT THING IS BUTT UGLY

foose should be charged with rape

some people just dont get it

now i have to add  YUCK

« Last Edit: October 12, 2004 - 09:10:21 PM by budrinker »

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004 - 09:47:34 PM »
Looks like a riced out Camaro.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004 - 09:49:23 PM »
I don't think it was too bad.  I don't care for the green he chose.  It looked like it had gold metal flake in the sunlight.  I think he should have went with the original green.  The thing that really got me was that they took the tuff wheel out.  Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get my hands on it.  I would love it in my Cuda.  Excuse me, Mr. Foose? Can I have that ol' outdated wheel?  I think the rims were way too big as well.  Kind of a cool design but I didn't cqare for the way they looked on the car.  I like to see a bit more rubber than that.I also think they should have left the D-O-D-G-E emblem on the hood.  

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004 - 09:51:03 PM »
I also didn't like the graphics.  Especially when they put the orange pinstriping through it.   :'(  I guess it could have been a lot worse.  I sure felt for the guy.  He was sooooo upset. 

Offline Jim68Cuda

• Why oncha burn sum rub op dem tars
    • Mopar Picturebook
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004 - 10:01:47 PM »
I would have prefered a more stock appearance as well. Wheels turned out better than I expected, but I didn't like the two tone look.
A friend of mine was one of the guys at the beginning of the show taking the car apart. Must have been a blast to have had the opportunity to be involved in the show. I'll have to ask him what happened with the parts that came off, spoiler, guages, seats, door handles, etc. 
Jim
68 Charger RT
68 Barracuda Formula S fastback
68 Barracuda convertible
68 Barracuda fastback
67 Coronet 500 convertible
67 Coronet 500 hardtop

Offline budrinker

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2004 - 10:45:28 PM »
GACK

im with april can i get my hands on that tuff wheel

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004 - 10:50:16 PM »
Well, it was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Didn't care for the interior or the wheels though.  I felt so bad for the guy...I'd have cried too if my Chally was stolen.  All in all, I guess it's really hard to improve on the originality of these e-bodies.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline onebadhemi

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004 - 11:00:39 PM »
Well, it was a lot better than I thought it would be.  Didn't care for the interior or the wheels though.  I felt so bad for the guy...I'd have cried too if my Chally was stolen.  All in all, I guess it's really hard to improve on the originality of these e-bodies.

Rev I would agree with you 100%
I just wonder Where all the left over parts went?

1970 R/T Challenger
1971 Pro street"HEMI" Challenger
2003 V-10 Ram 2500 Q/C
2006 Charger R/T

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004 - 12:33:22 AM »
Yeah, all the stuff they pulled off the car and never put back on made me think where all those parts were going.  I would have been happy to get the flip top gas cap and a few other misc. parts.. ;D :P
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline bus freak

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:20:27 AM »
Has anyone submitted a car to be overhauled???  I did, I submitted my oldmans 74 AMX but I never heard anything back from them.

Cuda Guy
     Cuda Guy try submitting a request to Pimp My Ride   

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:29:04 AM »
Id let them do that to mine.

I thought the car was in to good of shape for this show to start with ! they didn't even rebuild the motor, if it a numbers car I understand, but if not where the hel! was the 426 at ?
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004 - 06:29:28 AM »
Yeah,  at the end when the guy was driving off, the motor was smoking a bit.  Makes you wonder what else they ignored.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004 - 08:56:35 AM »
I was a little disappointed.  I didn't like the paint scheme.  Like April said, the color of green was the bulk of my problem with it.  I have yet to see a Mopar with a metal flake paint job that I like.  The wheels kind of grew on me, but I still wasn't really fond of them.  The interior I really liked.  The idea of pulling the outside color inside was done just right for me, plus, I really liked the steering wheel.  ;D  The stance of the car with the tire size combo really rocked for me too.

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004 - 09:07:09 AM »
I did like the rims, but they were too big for a MoPar.  They woudl have been much better a bit smaller diameter, and a higher profile tire.

Alos, the paint scheme looked like maybe it was a rip-off of the AAR strobe design.  I really didn't like the green on the racing seats, either.  I did like the added touch of the old Dodge 'triangle' emblem on the seats tho. 

I couldn't tell what cid that motor was, either.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline rnsykes

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004 - 09:29:16 AM »
I thought it was one of the weaker episodes.  The showed more of the "tricking" than the "tricking out."  I did however enjoy the look of the final product.  I'm more a stock appearance person my self, but Foose is pretty much the best there is (leaving Boyd was the best thing he's ever done)  And Chip did what he does best.  It seemed like most of the cars that they take on that show need extensive body work which this one didn't.  The other cars wind up with new fron and rear suspensions, which this one may or may not have (they didn't show).  I've only seen one other car where they keep the engine.  Could have gone with a Mopar crate.  I didn't care for the low profile tires one bit, but the custom paint was sharp.

On a side note, does it seem like the world of custom car building is getting stale like the world of custom motorcycle building?  Every builder does the same thing.  They all end up with the flashy paint, high tech electronics and low profile tires.  Do soemthing different.  I like Russell Mitchells motorcycles.  Nobody else builds bikes like exile.