OVERHAULIN

Author Topic: OVERHAULIN  (Read 6639 times)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
OVERHAULIN
« on: October 10, 2004 - 10:12:26 PM »
Has anyone submitted a car to be overhauled???  I did, I submitted my oldmans 74 AMX but I never heard anything back from them.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: OVERHAULIN
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004 - 10:38:15 PM »
Is this a TV show or something??  Sorry don't watch much TV. . . .  :P

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004 - 10:52:43 PM »
Ok 4C...you have to stay home Tuesday night and watch Overhaulin.  It's a tv show where they take someone's car and then do a complete redo of the car in 1 week.  Tuesday night their doing a Challenger. 

Cuda Guy...I'd be afraid to ... they sometimes go a little toooo far for my taste, especially when we're talking about our e-bodies.  If you do get on there though, you got to let us know!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004 - 11:50:56 PM »
I put in for it about 3-4 months ago and I still havent recived any word on weather or not they are going to do it... Im guessing no.  But a "hay we looked at the car and it dont fit our show" would have been nice!!!

Cuda Guy

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004 - 10:50:09 AM »
I put in for it about 3-4 months ago and I still havent recived any word on weather or not they are going to do it... Im guessing no.  But a "hay we looked at the car and it dont fit our show" would have been nice!!!

Cuda Guy

I agree.  I went to a lot of trouble to submit an app. for my bud's Chally, but considering that they are doing a Chally this week, I think it'll be a while before they do the same car model twice.  Not a word back from them, tho.

"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004 - 10:56:37 AM »
I would be afraid to have them touch my car. I have a feeling they take short cuts to get the car finished ASAP. I only saw the show twice, but neither time did they show the car being driven afterwards. It just makes me wonder...

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004 - 11:38:05 AM »
There have been a couple show where they show the car or truck actually being driven.  However, it was brief and nothing strenuous.  With Chip Foose's reputation I would have a hard time believing he would allow or be part of any "cutting corners."

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004 - 11:39:54 AM »
I'd be afraid they'd shave my door handles, side markers, and trunk lock......There are certain cars that can afford to be shaved, but then there are others (E-bodies) that shouldn't get their awesome door handles shaved.  And like MEKrunner said, they never really do show the car being driven afterwards...But like HemiDog said, Foose probably would make sure it's completely safe.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004 - 12:59:34 PM »
If you didn't like the cars setup you could sell it and buy something else, Im sure theres some Foose fanatic out there who would give you a fortune.    And are they willing to destroy a car thats actually worth something ?  I guess we will have to see.
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004 - 01:52:22 PM »
I am definitely curious as to what is going to happen to this Challenger.   I am actually a big fan of Chip Foose.  I like his style and envy his ablity.  One thing that really impresses me, is that he can switch up.  For example he can make a muscle car look like a muscle car, a low rider look like a low rider, etc...  I remember one episode of OverHaulin' that involved a 67' Vette.  He did do a few tricks to it, but he did say he didn't want to change the car too much because of what it was.  Most of the work was in the suspension, engine, interior and paint.  All could be undone if someone wanted to.  In all, I think that I would be likely to trust the guy to be able to identify with what the car really is (if it is rare or valuable in original condidition) and only change what won't hurt the value of the car.  In this show, you have to keep in mind that they try to fix the car in a way the original owner planned or fits personality wise.  That always doesn't coinside with what we always would do. (Even though we are always right.  ;D)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004 - 02:07:36 PM »
As far as cutting corners I dont know...  Me and my wife seen that 56 convert they did for Wyo-Tech at the Dream Cruise and I have to say it was the nicest car there at the show you could tell it was quality work!!!  But as for the other cars I cant say.  I did notice a big cloud of smoke coming from the engine of last weeks car upon start up they quickly panned away from that. 

It is very disappointing that I spent alot of time trying to get all the pics and info about the car with out my old man knowing anything about it.  I wish they would at least say something like "Hey were not really into AMC but thanks for applying and watching."  Some closure on the subject would be great!!!

Cuda Guy

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004 - 05:00:52 PM »
Hey Cuda Guy,
  They probably have thousands of requests put upon them. Don't take it personally that they didn't reply. Who knows, given enough time, they just might.

Given all the comments made on this post, I think they must do some homework to make sure the owner would want what they plan for the car. I mean, I don't think they would take a numbers matching car, and turn it into some hot rod with a different drive train. If that happened, we might see a good old " shoot 'em up" movie ;D

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline budrinker

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004 - 05:43:45 PM »
got any pics of that amx it has always been one of my favorite cars

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004 - 08:25:37 PM »
Here is a pic of my oldmans AMX its about a 7 out of 10 he is really happy with it.

Cuda Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004 - 09:32:09 PM »
Wow, that's not bad at all.  It reminds me of the 1 of only a few prototype AMX/Javelin I saw earlier this past spring at the Jefferson Car Show here in WI.  It was a '69 AMX Javelin with a Mark Donohue rear spoiler on it, the '71+ "bulged" front fenders, and the best part of all, a vinyl-covered piece of foam for the rear seat.....The exec. checked it out, liked most of the ideas for the new Javelin design, but that "rear seat" really didn't cut it for him. The next time I'm at the show I'll make sure I get a photo of it to show ya'll that are interested. ;)  From the back, it looked like your standard Mark Donohue edition AMX, but from the side, it's mostly Javelin in the front and AMX in the back.  The same guy has a few Scramblers and other misc. AMC's.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin