OVERHAULIN

Author Topic: OVERHAULIN  (Read 6630 times)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: OVERHAULIN
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004 - 10:45:08 AM »
I liked the wheel and tire combo, The interior was ok for me, I hated the paint job!!!  Not a big fan of going away from the original striping or non -factory two tone!!!  Why didnt they put the go-wing back on?  I love those.  Oh well???

Did anyone watch rides with Joe Rogan's 70 Cuda???  What did you guys think of it???

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Robb

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004 - 10:53:09 AM »
Whose names are on the Titles of these cars they keep "stealing"  ?    Something is weird that someone doesnt get PO'd and turnaround and sue these guys for butchering their car ?  If for no reason other than its an opportunity to get "paid" by taking them to court  ???    

If I was the guy with the green Challenger last night, I woulda cried harder when I saw what it turned out like, and have wished it WAS really stolen.  

That car was fine before they started,  I thought they were sposed take pieces of junk and fix them up ?

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

2002 Trans AM WS6 convertible:  DD
1999 4Runner 4x4:  lifted-locked-armored  expedition vehicle
1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004 - 11:00:32 AM »
Its not always the case they go from trash to decent cars just depneds on which car they pick for the show.  I think they have to sign all these waivers and all that so they cant get sued.  Who knows.  I know I was very disappointed with the paint on that Challenger I wish they would have painted it all one color black or green not both and never in my life would I want those stripes on any vehicle I own!!!

Cuda Guy

Offline rnsykes

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2004 - 12:24:26 PM »
I was impressed by how enthusiastic everyone was to be working on a mopar.

Offline Robb

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2004 - 12:40:04 PM »
  I think they have to sign all these waivers and all that so they cant get sued.  Who knows. 
Cuda Guy

But if the owner is "surprised" like the show portrays,  then wouldnt the waiver beforehand tip him off whats happening to the car ?    Thats where Im confused.   Signing a waiver afterwards doesnt make sense.

If that guys wife or dads name wasnt on the title, what they are doing couldnt possibly be legal without the owners consent...   unless maybe, the factor of owner surprise is all "staged" ?

???

70 Challenger SE  (440 SIX PACK / Keisler 5 speed, R/T SE replication)       68 Sport Satellite Convertible 383 Super Commando / 727  Survivor

1990 Jeep XJ 4x4:  Front Dana 60, GM-14bolt rear, 3 link, 4link, 5.38 detroits, beadlocked 40's, stretched to 110" wb  Rock Crawler

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:26:29 PM »

But if the owner is "surprised" like the show portrays,  then wouldnt the waiver beforehand tip him off whats happening to the car ?    Thats where Im confused.   Signing a waiver afterwards doesnt make sense.

If that guys wife or dads name wasnt on the title, what they are doing couldnt possibly be legal without the owners consent...   unless maybe, the factor of owner surprise is all "staged" ?

???

In last nights show, I think the wife is the one that signed the waiver.  She appeared at the end of the show and he said Thank You to her.  And with his father being present everyday while progress is being completed, sounds to me like most of the family already gave their consent. 

Offline Robb

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:42:30 PM »
That part I understand, but....

its whose name is on the title is what REALLY counts though right ?   

something just doesnt seem right.    ???

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2004 - 01:55:39 PM »
Yes, did anyone interpret last nights Overhaulin' as somewhat "restrained"? Know this: No matter what car they pick, when its done, its going to be another Foose creation. While Overhaulin' focuses on a story line, having fun with the owners, and making it interesting for primetime, it also is a showcase forum for Chip Foose and his work. I would bet there are a LOT of legal E's involved before the transformation that would probably include rights to pictures, video footage, and possibly an agreement not to undo the work that was done for a given amount of time.

Interesting though wasnt it? I mean, no one seems to care when he takes an old Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, or Corvette and puts his trademark look on them. Who cares right? There's so many of them around no one is slighted. But to take a more rare and what appeared to be straight original car and do that to it will in some circles be construed as sacriledge.

Ya know, somehow I dont think I would have felt as bad if it had been a rusting old hull sitting on blocks in some guys back yard.

What do you think?    
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004 - 02:01:52 PM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2004 - 02:18:07 PM »
That part I understand, but....

its whose name is on the title is what REALLY counts though right ?   

Not always.  This goes back to the marriage thing and dower rights.  When you say "I DO" , she gets half!  Now not all states are the same but most are I believe.  Lets say here in Michigan we have a married couple and we want to buy a investment house.  The wife can go and buy the house and the husband wouldn't have to sign anything and the wife could buy the house.  But if the husband went to buy and investment house, the wife would have to sign or it wouldn't be legal!!  Yeah I know, its messes up!  But that is the way it is in alot of the US.   Now I know this is a car, but it wouldn't surprise me if its the same type of rules!!  :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004 - 03:37:42 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2004 - 02:41:00 PM »
Does anyone have any pics of this mutliated Chally?

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:05:43 PM »
Hey Matt...here's some I pulled off their site...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Robb

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:10:40 PM »
Yes, did anyone interpret last nights Overhaulin' as somewhat "restrained"? Know this: No matter what car they pick, when its done, its going to be another Foose creation. While Overhaulin' focuses on a story line, having fun with the owners, and making it interesting for primetime, it also is a showcase forum for Chip Foose and his work. I would bet there are a LOT of legal E's involved before the transformation that would probably include rights to pictures, video footage, and possibly an agreement not to undo the work that was done for a given amount of time.

Interesting though wasnt it? I mean, no one seems to care when he takes an old Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, or Corvette and puts his trademark look on them. Who cares right? There's so many of them around no one is slighted. But to take a more rare and what appeared to be straight original car and do that to it will in some circles be construed as sacriledge.

Ya know, somehow I dont think I would have felt as bad if it had been a rusting old hull sitting on blocks in some guys back yard.

What do you think?    

Yeah I agree with that.      

Early in the show though, Chip looked right in the camera and said something to the effect that what hes going to do "is likely to upset some of the Mopar purists out there, but hang on he wasnt going to do anything too radical"

Ive seen nearly every episode of the show ('cept the vette)...     I dont know, but none of the resulting cars really do anything for me.    To be honest, if it wasnt for the cute and sassy little chick-host I probably wouldnt even watch anymore.    :)

edit:
The above pics dont look as bad as what it seemed "on the TV" for some reason
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004 - 03:14:00 PM by Robb »

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:13:10 PM »
Rev you suck I was in the process of up lding the pics when I seen you beat me to it LOL!!!  I think they did a awesome job on those rims though!!!

Cuda Guy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004 - 03:18:43 PM by The Cuda Guy »

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:29:22 PM »
Rev you suck
Cuda Guy

You know you love me!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2004 - 03:57:08 PM »
It would look ok if it didn't have such obscenely large steamroller wheels...