Author Topic: Be patient or panic?  (Read 3169 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Be patient or panic?
« on: May 09, 2010 - 03:38:01 PM »
On the 20th of April I sent a money order for 525 for some 915 heads ready to go. The guy got my usps money order at the end of the week, sent a message that he would ship them monday and that I should get them at the end of the week. End of the week and nothing. I didnt panic because shipping sometimes takes more time than anticipated. Start of the new week and no heads. I sent a message asking for a tracking number to get a handle on where they were. He sends me a message that he was just back from a four day business trip and found that the heads had not been shipped. He apologized and said he would comp me shipping cost and send them right out. That is the last I heard from him and that was the week before last. At the time I remember flags going up and just sending a simple message for him to forward a tracking number when he shipped. Nothing mean, just to the point. Well I never got a tracking number, and by the end of this last week still no heads. Now I step it up a notch and let him know that I could understand not getting the heads in a week but he didnt even bother to send a tracking number or contact me at all. I went on to tell him that I had sent him 525 in good faith and that I at least deserved to be kept up to date as to what was going on. Nothing. I have sent another message letting him know that I will wait until I get home tomorrow afternoon to hear something from him before starting a claim on getting my funds back from the post office. Trouble is I have never had anyone dick me over before and I dont know whether I am being impatient or not. What say you guys?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: Be patient or panic?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010 - 03:56:54 PM »
You got his address of course. Did you get his cell phone and home number?

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010 - 04:08:50 PM »
you have waited long enough,,take action
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010 - 04:09:48 PM »
I'm just curious how filing a claim with the post office would work.   :dunno:

I suppose they could tell you if he cashed the money order or not, but if he didn't send the heads thru the post office...He could feed them a story too, right?

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010 - 04:46:37 PM »
Address and name. I didnt even think of getting a cell number. I guess I threw out my trust a little too far eh? So basically if this guy does not deliver I am ****ed? No recourse?
*Brett*

Offline Slotts

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010 - 04:48:40 PM »
Wow Brett! I feel your pain on this one. The reason I ask for a money order over PayPal if possible is to not have to pass on the 4% PayPal withdraw fee they charge just to transfer the funds into a bank account. However, not being forwarded a tracking number/delivery confirmaiton number which should be part of the deal up front would have me concerned.

I hope like Alan said that you have a phone number to reach out and see if you can get some answers. It is a dealing like this that really is an eye opener and something to be carefull of. I take it that this was not an Ebay deal where you might have some third part recourse? A Craigslits deal might be a long shot.

With more than five Benjamins laid out, I don't think you are out of line at all in pursuing this matter further as soon as possible.

I hope the best for you that this all works out.

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:03:11 PM »
He is a member on Moparts, thats why I asked questions here, I would hate to drag his name around if its just a misunderstanding and he is out of pocket for some unknown reason. How can someone give me a tracking number before I purchase, wouldnt they have to pay for shipping upfront? I should at the very least get a number from now on and make contact first to make sure its a legit number. This is starting to suck a bunch.
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:04:14 PM »
So it's off Craigslist?  Not a member right?  What state?  I sure hope you didn't get burned.  We have members in many states here.  I see a lot of 915 heads forsale lately. I got a set of HP 915's off of badjoey here. I picked them up myself tho.  I drove 1500 miles and he drove 60 over to my motel.  Let us know where you bought them, I know your funds were tight.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:08:23 PM »
No parts,no tracking #,now no response = time to take action.Send one more e-mail informing him you will pursue legal action and see if he replies.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Slotts

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:19:57 PM »
Brett,

I meant that in negations with anyone as a buyer before committing to buy the part from the seller, that you make is clear up front when the shipping costs are calculated, that the seller includes a delivery confirmation and that you want insurance added to cover the total amount of the value of the item.

Ask that these two ID numbers be forwarded to you immediately after the item is shipped for your records in case something goes wrong with the delivery.

Maybe you could contact some of the other buyers that bought parts from him before to see if they have some other way of contacting him. I know it's a long shot, but just might be worth it.  :2cents:

Slotts

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:33:24 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. What legal recourse do I have? Sure would hate to have to throw good money after bad if you know what I mean. The guys name is John R. Geitz from New Jersey. His screen name at Moparts is 1swingin. I have not tried to contact him via email, I am going to do that now.
*Brett*

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:39:36 PM »
if he`s a member on moparts I`d definately start a topic there.  It`s not too much to ask for a bit of response when you have that much money invested.  Even if it`s a misunderstanding,  he should know the other party is taking a chance paying the money,  and reply as requested  :swear:
A couple years ago ,I bought a brand new pneumatic forginghammer in the US... I had to pay $ 7000  upfront and $8000 before shipping... they were VERY slow replying to e-mails and hardly ever picked up the phone once the first payment was made  :pullinghair:   slept pretty bad for 6 months but in the end it all turned out fine... Can`t believe how careless some people are.
*** Bart ***

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010 - 05:48:59 PM »
 :iagree: Calling him out on Moparts can sometimes get a response if he is known at all in the Mopar community....or someone local can pay him a visit!  :naughty:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010 - 06:36:32 PM »
Are these it?

Iam selling a pair of 1967,closed chamber(78cc)cylinder heads for a bigblock. They have big valve,2.14in 1.81 exh. stainless mopar performance valves installed. They also have hardened valve guides and the valve bosses have been machined down to accept dual valve springs. Viton seals and comp springs also installed. Unmolested except the bowls to allow the bigger valves to flow. Newer freeze plugs also. No cracks or weirdness. I have stock style rocker assembly I will include if you need it. I can furnish pictures at your request. They are located in south jersey. Iam willing to ship them in the continental u.s. only. Bolt them on and go! I will let them go for 485 o.b.o. I have more than that in machine work alone. Iam only selling them because they wont handle the amount of power iam looking for.Iam also open to trades for lowdeck rpm intake,ati balancer,etc. p.m. me or email me at lowdeckdart@yahoo.com Thanks moparts sold

--------------------
"Well every body better move over thats all,cause iam running on the bad side with my back to the wall"

Edited by 1swingin (Fri Apr 23 2010 08:53 PM)

lowdeckdart@yahoo.com

Email  lowdeckdart33@yahoo.com     
Member #  39658   
Name  johnny   
Title  mopar   
Total Posts  461   
   Homepage     
Occupation  Deisel repair extrodinare   
Hobbies  mopar, teasing my beagle,mopar,fixing stupid boats,mopar,chasing girls,mopar, o yeah, did i mention mopar?   
Location  somewhereintheswampsofjersey   
Bio  "If it dosnt effect how fast the back tires turn, it isnt important"   
ICQ Number     
Required - Moparts is all about what brand of cars?  mopars   
Required - What made you to want to join moparts?  learning all i can about the greatest car company ever   
Registered on  Fri Nov 16 2007 05:17 PM   

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010 - 06:57:50 PM »
Are these it?

Iam selling a pair of 1967,closed chamber(78cc)cylinder heads for a bigblock. They have big valve,2.14in 1.81 exh. stainless mopar performance valves installed. They also have hardened valve guides and the valve bosses have been machined down to accept dual valve springs. Viton seals and comp springs also installed. Unmolested except the bowls to allow the bigger valves to flow. Newer freeze plugs also. No cracks or weirdness. I have stock style rocker assembly I will include if you need it. I can furnish pictures at your request. They are located in south jersey. Iam willing to ship them in the continental u.s. only. Bolt them on and go! I will let them go for 485 o.b.o. I have more than that in machine work alone. Iam only selling them because they wont handle the amount of power iam looking for.Iam also open to trades for lowdeck rpm intake,ati balancer,etc. p.m. me or email me at lowdeckdart@yahoo.com Thanks moparts sold

--------------------
"Well every body better move over thats all,cause iam running on the bad side with my back to the wall"

Edited by 1swingin (Fri Apr 23 2010 08:53 PM)

lowdeckdart@yahoo.com

Email  lowdeckdart33@yahoo.com     
Member #  39658   
Name  johnny   
Title  mopar   
Total Posts  461   
   Homepage     
Occupation  Deisel repair extrodinare   
Hobbies  mopar, teasing my beagle,mopar,fixing stupid boats,mopar,chasing girls,mopar, o yeah, did i mention mopar?   
Location  somewhereintheswampsofjersey   
Bio  "If it dosnt effect how fast the back tires turn, it isnt important"   
ICQ Number     
Required - Moparts is all about what brand of cars?  mopars   
Required - What made you to want to join moparts?  learning all i can about the greatest car company ever   
Registered on  Fri Nov 16 2007 05:17 PM   

Yes that is the add. I paid 40 bucks to ship which is pretty low but he quoted that price. I got one reply that he has not been on since May 2nd. He registered in 07 so I am beginning to think he is just out of town or something happened. I am not going to go crazy just yet but I am definitely worried.
*Brett*