Author Topic: Be patient or panic?  (Read 3171 times)

Offline troutstreamnm

Re: Be patient or panic?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010 - 07:37:06 PM »
Best of luck with that Brett and hope you get this resolved quickly.  What a P.I.T.A.  :villagers:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010 - 09:26:24 PM »
This situation is never good Brett and it is a PITA for sure! Hope it works out..  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:19:10 PM »
Thanks guys. I hope it works out too. My little thread on Moparts was already on the second page an hour ago with only one reply lol.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:29:02 PM »
 :bigsmile:  I was gonna reply there but decided not to. Maybe after the mothers day weekend you will hear from him is what I was going to post over there.

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:43:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I hope it works out too. My little thread on Moparts was already on the second page an hour ago with only one reply lol.

Since a USPS money order was used I believe this would fall under mail fraud and he could be prosecuted.  This almost happened to me several years back when I bought a smoked top for my vette at the time from a guy in Texas.  It took me getting serious with him before I finally got the top.  My opinion is you've waiting long enough and I'd at least ask the post office what avenues of recourse you have if this guy is trying to rip you off.  Good luck!

Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:56:34 PM »
Where in Jersey does he live??  ;D
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:57:55 PM »
Where in Jersey does he live??  ;D

Westville NJ 08093   :naughty:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 71chally416

• Resident
    • The Streetwalker
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010 - 10:59:16 PM »
If you don't get it resolved let me know.  :2thumbs:
Once we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope and No Cash!

Offline Sean

• My Cuda Restore
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010 - 11:09:14 PM »
You've definately waited long enough.  I'd start contacting the post office to see what you can do.  You don't want to wait too long or you might end up with no recourse because you, well waited too long.  I don't know if there's any sort of time limit that you may be under that you have to get something in to the post office by????

Sean

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010 - 11:40:23 PM »
If you don't get it resolved let me know.  :2thumbs:
Let me know if you want company when you go to visit him.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline challengermaniac

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:12:54 AM »
Have you checked out other posts he may have of items for sale?  I'm strictly a small block guy, but I can say for certain I have come across an add with this same description which again is puzzling because I would not have been looking for this particular item.  I guess all I'm saying is it may be that this guy advertizes a lot and that may be of help in locating him.

As noted above, get to work with the USPS regarding that money order.  They have have a fraud area that can likely help you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 - 09:52:06 AM by challengermaniac »
Charlie
70 Challenger 340/4 Purple
70 Challenger T/A Red
Edmonds, WA

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010 - 12:46:06 AM »
I have bought a lot of parts though the mail and once they got my money keeping me up to date was put on the back burner . Many of my communications were not returned but luckily I always got the parts with one exception .I bought a part from a guy and paid for it with a post office money order . He told me he received it and would send the part out . Several e mails later he said he never got the money order . I talked to the lady at the post office and the way she explained it to me was , I could file a claim , they would return my money . However if it turned out he did cash the money order I had to give the money back to the Post Office and go after the seller on my own .If the money order was lost , or the wrong party cashed it I could recover from the Post Office . If the bas#$^& i sent it to cashed it I am out of luck far as the post office was concern . Luckily in my case it was $25.00 and I chalked it up to you can't win them all . Good luck and I hope you still get your parts with a I'm sorry and a good reason .  :drama:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010 - 08:16:50 AM »
First and foremost, hope you get your heads. But another recourse that will cost you nothing is this. If you indeed have his name and address, which you obviously do since you sent payment, then contact your state Attorney Generals Office. After explaing to them the situation ask them to send him a letter. In my state $500.00 or in excess constitues a felonoy, and as has been mentioned he has used the US post office to receive payment, and I also beleive this could be considered mail fraud even though he did not use the mail to solicit customers. I have had occassion (not for car parts) to use my State Attorney General Office, they got me reinbursed and put the company on a "investicative list" because of their company  practices and reinbursement policies. Just an idea and thought.  :2cents:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010 - 09:00:16 AM »
Using online phone directory these John Geitz are in Westville area but nothing in Westville

http://whitepages.anywho.com/results.php?ReportType=34&refer=2938&adword=ANYWHO.COM&qc=westville&qf=John&qi=0&qk=10&qn=Geitz&qs=NJ&qz=08093

Using an online phone directory these are Getz in the Westville area but nothing in Westville

http://whitepages.anywho.com/results.php?ReportType=34&qc=WESTVILLE&qn=Geitz&qs=NJ&qz=08093&qar=on&qi=10&qk=10

Found this John Geitz on face book . I'm not a member so this was as far I could go , this John could be from anyplace .

http://whitepages.anywho.com/results.php?ReportType=34&qc=WESTVILLE&qn=Geitz&qs=NJ&qz=08093&qar=on&qi=10&qk=10

I worked at FedEx Ground for a while as a contractor making deliveries . Every so often someone would move saying they never got their box meaning I'd have to pay for it . I was able to track some of them down by calling people in the area they moved too with the same last name .Does the other site say how many post he has made there ? If he has made 100's it don't seem like he is there to scam someone . 5 or 10 post could be a bad sign . I hate it when you trust someone and they screw you over , but it happens .  :villagers:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010 - 09:19:29 AM »
I gave ya a bump over on Moparts.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi